Email app icon number badge?

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Does the stock email app/icon offer the ability to show how many emails are sitting unopened? Meaning, when I unlock the phone and look at the email envelop icon, it would have say "4" sitting on the icon to let me know I have 4 unread emails?? I can't seem to find that option.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does the stock email app/icon offer the ability to show how many emails are sitting unopened? Meaning, when I unlock the phone and look at the email envelop icon, it would have say "4" sitting on the icon to let me know I have 4 unread emails?? I can't seem to find that option.
If it doesn't, you can take a look at something like this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.ellevsoft.gmailunreadfree&token=W7lPK4aA

There are others in the Play Store, so take a look around and see what fits the bill.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Since I have Nova Prime I downloaded tesla, but it only offers to put a badge on Gmail. Right now I'm using the stock LG mail icon.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Strange. Now that I have Nova loaded, the app just sits there blank even though I have new emails coming in. I have to pick up the phone and check each time.

k8Rex2000

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
numbers of unread emails and texts

On my Motorola droid you must have notifications checked in manage apps as well as regular settings for emails calls and text messages. The app that does the badge showing numbers of unread messages is called badger. You can access it through manage apps ALL to make sure it is enabled and notifications is checked. If it isn't do it and then restart your phone. (other droid phones have different names for the "count" app but will probably include the word badge)

Last edited:

Leothwyn

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
On my phone, in the Tesla settings, there is box to check for LG Email. It works fine for me. Gmail and regular email show unread numbers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz