So here's a weird one for those of you that use Bluetooth in your car with your car's on-screen display showing you the phone's signal strength & battery level.

I'm finding that the data shown on the car's screen is not updating. So if I start the car and the car pairs with my G2, it will show the phone's initial signal strength and battery level at the time of when the pairing occurred. But if I travel in to a weaker signal area, the signal strength on the car's screen still shows the signal strength from where I first started the car. Only when I turn on the G2's actual screen, will that new info be transmitted to the car.

Has anyone noticed that? I looked around for a setting and don't see anything that would relate to this. I doubt this is a function of my car since my S4 updated in real time.
    09-26-2013 08:27 AM
    So here's a weird one for those of you that use Bluetooth in your car with your car's on-screen display showing you the phone's signal strength & battery level.

I'm finding that the data shown on the car's screen is not updating. So if I start the car and the car pairs with my G2, it will show the phone's initial signal strength and battery level at the time of when the pairing occurred. But if I travel in to a weaker signal area, the signal strength on the car's screen still shows the signal strength from where I first started the car. Only when I turn on the G2's actual screen, will that new info be transmitted to the car.

Has anyone noticed that? I looked around for a setting and don't see anything that would relate to this. I doubt this is a function of my car since my S4 updated in real time.
    It could be something that LG has done to help save battery when you're using BT.
    09-26-2013 01:34 PM
    It could be, but I just wanted to be sure it wasn't something specific to my phone.
    09-26-2013 04:22 PM