Hey guys, I absolutely love my G2. However, I do agree with something I've read in several reviews: UI tweaks improve the experience of using the phone. Personally, I've gotten rid of QSlide in my notifications panel, and I turned my "Front Touch Buttons" Theme to Black Gradation. I'm sure there's even more room for improvement. What tweaks have you guys done? Thanks in advance for responding!
    09-29-2013 12:52 AM
    In addition to what you've done, I've also edited the function switches which appear in the notifications pull down. To take it a step further, on the second day I had the phone (may have been on Friday the 13th, lol) I rooted it and used Auto Hide Soft Keys, mainly so I could use the entire screen for The Pinball Arcade.

Other than the usual widget tinkering and moving icons around, I haven't done much else, nor have I felt the need to. It's been pretty functional in the stock UI for me and snappy to boot.
    09-29-2013 09:22 AM
    You can enlarge the size of your most used go-to apps or use your own pic from gallert in icon edit mode. I like the stock ui for the most part.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-30-2013 02:35 AM
    I switched to nova launcher because although I loved that stock launcher, i'm sick of the constant redraw from it.

since I'm rooted, I've also installed a few mods... since I'm on Verizon, we didn't get the full black status bar, so i installed the mod to turn black gradation into full black, along with the drop down bar being full black. then, I installed the mod to make the soft keys really small so i get more screen space. love it.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
    09-30-2013 07:05 AM
    I switched to nova launcher because although I loved that stock launcher, i'm sick of the constant redraw from it.

since I'm rooted, I've also installed a few mods... since I'm on Verizon, we didn't get the full black status bar, so i installed the mod to turn black gradation into full black, along with the drop down bar being full black. then, I installed the mod to make the soft keys really small so i get more screen space. love it. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/30/e2unaqev.jpg

What exactly is redraw? The flash of the screen when it starts up?

I love nova and miss a lot if it's features but no transparency option is a deal breaker. I guess black is an improvement over grey but still looks ghetto imo. If rooting wasn't so risky I may have tried it out. Besides I thought android was all about customization? I didn't know I needed to be dev savvy to use home made hacks to customize my phone.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app
    09-30-2013 07:52 AM
    redraw apparently doesn't exist on the att version from what I hear. it's when all the widgets refresh, but on the g2, it freezes movement and gets choppy when it redraws which makes it laggy

09-30-2013 12:18 PM