A couple questions on the G2 camera...

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

On my G2, in moderately low light and below, the view finder is very laggy...never had this issue with my iphone. Just wondering if this is normal? Also, do you guys always use intelligent auto for all shooting situations? How can I get the most out of this camera in terms of settings and what not. Thanks!

kkel19

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
its a known thing that this camera takes longer to focus under low light...i bought the camera fx zoom on app store for like 2 bucks...and it made things better.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

On my G2, in moderately low light and below, the view finder is very laggy...never had this issue with my iphone. Just wondering if this is normal? Also, do you guys always use intelligent auto for all shooting situations? How can I get the most out of this camera in terms of settings and what not. Thanks!

Ive noticed intelligent auto focuses much faster than normal, but im really not in that much of a hurry.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
For me, Intelligent Auto takes the same amount of focus time. Last night I was timing focus time, and in some situations it took up to 7 seconds to take the pic after pressing the shutter. In the right light, it's super quick and results in a good pic 99% of the time.

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Its a great camera in normal light to good light. Still a decent camera in low light, but it takes some patience. You can get GREAT low light shots. Most phones can't do that. But they are tricky!

Posted via Android Central App

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I heard it's nearly impossible to take nice shots of children indoors because of the slow shutter?
This is a bad point vs S4

lutin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I heard it's nearly impossible to take nice shots of children indoors because of the slow shutter?

I was wondering about this too. I guess the OIS is great for letting more light in by keeping the shutter open for longer, but at the same time, this can only result in blurring of a moving subject.

I'm considering the G2 and number one on my list of priorities for a smartphone is the camera. The reason for this is so that I can take photos of my children.

Anybody any experience? I currently have a note 2 (I would consider the camera on it to be quite good, but not great in low light).

P.S. I already have a DSLR, but also want a good camera on my phone.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Many complaints about ghosting because the G2 uses 9 autofocus points (so longer to fix) and slow shutter speed in low light.
The HTC One has also a problem of ghosting and focus in low light,perhaps because of the OIS too

joeynox

May 8, 2013
Visit site
If you want awesome low light performance get a Nokia Lumia. I use my g2 during the day and the Nokia Lumia 920 at night . Lumia > anything at night

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I'm considering the G2 and number one on my list of priorities for a smartphone is the camera. The reason for this is so that I can take photos of my children.

Anybody any experience? I currently have a note 2 (I would consider the camera on it to be quite good, but not great in low light).

P.S. I already have a DSLR, but also want a good camera on my phone.

I take a lot of pics of my dog, and I find it nearly impossible with the G2. If you want to take the time and compose a shot it's great. By trying to capture a random snap shot of your kid or pet doing something funny or cute is really hard. If you have a brightly lit room it's ok, but at night with a couple lamps on in your living room won't produce, or capture the best shots.

To be fair, my HTC One struggled a little too, but not like this. My iPhone 5 didn't seem to have this issue, but it's not my daily driver.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
i dont see whats wrong with the camera. in my opinion its better than the s4 and s3 and s2 combined. i have no issues with low light. maybe your light is to low... do you live in a cave?

joeynox

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Dude the low light is horrible. The its evident in just how the viewfinder responds.when there's plenty of light the camera in the g2 takes amazing pictures but once your indoors lets say at a wedding reception (like I was) the camera is ****. My bro in law had similar issues with his HTC one but it still took far better low light shots that the G2. (no flash). But both died a horrible death when my Lumia 920 trumped them both

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Don't confuse me with a photographer, but the g2 blows away my ip5 overall but mostly in low light situations. Great camera relative to every camera phone I've seen

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Dude the low light is horrible. The its evident in just how the viewfinder responds.when there's plenty of light the camera in the g2 takes amazing pictures but once your indoors lets say at a wedding reception (like I was) the camera is ****. My bro in law had similar issues with his HTC one but it still took far better low light shots that the G2. (no flash). But both died a horrible death when my Lumia 920 trumped them both

The long focusing is because the sensor is trying to take in as much light as possible. It does a good job, and that is why many reviewers give the g2 the best camera besides the lumia in some instances.

lutin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The long focusing is because the sensor is trying to take in as much light as possible. It does a good job, and that is why many reviewers give the g2 the best camera besides the lumia in some instances.
Taking in as much light as possible (by keeping the shutter open) isn't the best strategy if you're taking a photo of something moving, like, say, a person.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908