Change the "Swipe to Outer Circle" answering behavior?

louhardt

Jan 24, 2016
Visit site
My new LG Fiesta 2 with Walmart Family Mobile lists "Settings" "Accessibility" then "Motor and Cognition" then Touch and Hold for calls - answer or decline calls without swiping. Hoping that will work - it should.

Vincent A spero

Nov 14, 2018
Visit site
The true problem and resolution to the black screen swipe affect to answer calls is solved. No need to reinstall camera app with error showing or any other suggestion from others. I tossed my android LG style 2 against the wall. The black swipe portion on the lower part of the screen was gone and functioning like new! 6 weeks later it reverted back to the black swipe. I removed the back and battery. Theres 2 screws that go around the volume, power and camera buttons. I removed the lower screw and it was way to tight. A friend showed up and explained what was the real issue.. Theres an unnecessary vacuum that's created causing the touch contact to stick. He said loosen the screws or remove 1 screw. Do not tighten. Since I had 1 screw out I put it back in and just snugged it. I put battery in and phone was like new! Then I over tightened screws and back to black swipe screen. My friend Birdman is a forensic design computer engineer. There are manufactures saying you broke it, buy a new one. Ive seen false consumer comments from manufactures that don't have a clue on what is the problem. My buttons were a little sticky but it has nothing to do with the vacuum causing a constant touch!! I know the shock from my LG hitting the wall had relieved the vacuum temporary.. I guarantee this is the problem. Assemblers over tightening those screws is the issue. I THINK LG SHOULD SEND ME A TOP OF THE LINE ANDROID WITH 5 YEARS OF FREE SERVICE. WE ALL KNOW THAT WONT HAPPEN. THAT FRAME AROUND THOSE BUTTONS IS TO ONLY HOLD THOSE BUTTONS IN PLACE, BUT NOT TO SQUASH!!! Also changes in extreme tempatures can cause the vacuum.IF YOU HAD TO BUY ANOTHER PHONE, GO BACK WHERE IT WAS PURCHASED AND GET YOUR $ BACK!! LG CANT SOLVE THE ISSUE BUT I DID!! NOW THEY WILL CLAIM THEY FIXED IT. THATS WHY THEY EXTENDED TO FREE 2YR WARRANTY HOPING YOUR FRUSTRATIONS WILL EVENTUALLY BE A NEW PHONE PURCHASE.. EVEN WITH STICKY BUTTONS THE PHONE WORKED. I WAS GOING TO CLEAN THEM, BUT DIDNT GET THAT FAR. THERES A MOISTURE SENSOR THAT WAS RED, INDICATING MOISTURE DAMAGE.. THERE WAS NO MOISTURE DAMAGE! I WOULDNT BE SURPRISED OVER A SHORT PERIOD OF TIME THE RED DOT WOULD APPEAR ON ITS OWN WITH THE INTENTION OF DECEPTION.. THUS YOUR SCREWED. DONT BUY WARRANTIES.. YOU SEND IT BACK AND YOU WONT GET **** IN RETURN. WHEN SOMEONE IS EXAMINING THE INSIDE MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT USE A RED MARKER TO SAY ITS MOISTURE DAMAGED BY TOUCHING THE DOT TO MAKE IT RED.. INSPECT THE MOISTURE DOT INDICATOR AND TAKE A PIC WITH ANOTHER PHONE, THEN TAKE IT BACK. IM JUST SAYING COVER YOUR ***! THEY DONT CARE, THEY ARE IN SRI LANKA, JAKARTA INDONESIA..ETC!!! INTERNATIONAL TRADE LAW CANNOT ENFORCE THE CRIMINAL ELEMENT! ANY PHONES THAT HAVE THIS ISSUE IS THE VACUM.MAYBE LG MAY ALREADY KNOW THIS. YOU SEND IT IN, THEY WONT HONOR THE WARRANTY. YOU BUY A NEW PHONE AND THEY FREE UP THE VACUUM AND RESALE YOUR PHONE! I THINK THEY DONT A DAMN THING UNTIL THEY READ MY POST OF TRUTH!! PLEASE TRY FREEING THE VACUUM AND LET ME KNOW YOUR RESULTS. DO THIS FIRST! IT WILL WORK, GUARANTEED!

The red dot appearing on its own showing moisture damage is the same basic principle as disappearing blue ink. Its another color (red) over a controlled period of time when in contact with oxygen will cause color change. Mr Wizard taught me that when I was 6yrs old. If you want too see the seller puzzled use a blue marker on the dot and notice the expression on their faces! If its red and hasn't been near water, use whiteout. Cellphones are a scam and dangerous.. Good luck I hope you enjoyed my honest discovery. If you need the techno nerdo details I will provide them.

I have an LG G5 and just chatted with a rep. Here is the answer:

You can change the call answering settings. Go into Settings-Accessibility-Click Dexterity and interaction, then you have the option to select Touch and hold calls/Answer or decline calls without swiping;)

Your rep knows nothing about the product. He puts your issue into a computer and it gives your rep a path. A representative has no knowledge on electroics! HES A SALESMAN! He looks on a monitor that walks him thru suggestions not answers! I bet your rep is from another country and didn't make it past 1st grade and doesn't care! They make commission on no goes! Ask for technical support, then ask what their qualifications are? Do they repair, manufacture or design phones.lookup a very technical part and they wont know what youre are talking about. Carriers will say you've used your data speed so you will purchase more speed. I disabled everything that used data. 3 days after I paid my monthly payment boost said I used it! That's bull ****! I proved they were deceitful liars so they gave my 5 extra gig! Whoopey! Every monthly data usage is intentionally cut short so you have to buy more speed. Disable all apps for 24-48 hrs then ask your carrier how much data you used during that time period! Say maybe my child was on it! Landline is cheap and most reliable.& secure. We didn't have cell phones them and we got along fine without them..

My new LG Fiesta 2 with Walmart Family Mobile lists "Settings" "Accessibility" then "Motor and Cognition" then Touch and Hold for calls - answer or decline calls without swiping. Hoping that will work - it should.

That won't work..

Hi All,

Excuse me if this has been asked before... but is there any way to change the "swipe to outer circle" call answering behavior on the LG G2?

I looked through the settings and was unable to find it. I can always turn on the "bring phone to ear answers call" but this isn't so useful when connected via bluetooth in the car.

I'm not sure what I'd change it to, but I find the "swipe to outer circle" action to be somewhat clumsy and not precise.

TIA,

- Los Pollos Hermanos

Read below. I have the real solution. That's a guarantee! Its the vacuum that's created. Solution is below. Enjoy my discovery!

Possible Solution: Google Play Full Screen Caller ID. Just installed toady. Only had two incoming calls yet but both came up with "Answer/Ignore" BUTTONS, not the stupid swipe. Much much easier. Works so far and is free. Good luck.

The solution is below.. Toady is somewhere between a bypass and a bandaid.. Read my instructions below.

Frankly I just don't see an "outer circle" at all to begin with. It's very weird that this is how they decided to describe how to answer the call. I haven't had any issues with it being unresponsive, I just find it stupid and bizarre.

The below suggestion will not work. It has no correlation or function to your issue..read my directions below. It will work that's a fact..

It is now $6 per month.

Its not free. You say its easier? That's not the original features results. But you will settle for it! Don't! Its a bypass/bandaid that can and will damage your phone! You carrier will say that app isn't approved or isn't compatible, so you get nothing. The real solution is in below posts..

I just did something and have no clue what it was but I got it to where it is in a box There are 3 boxes answer....ignore with message.....ignore It was in setting accessibilty Dexterity and Interaction Hit touch control area and turn it on but once you turn that on The touch assistance turns off. I can't guarantee this is what did it for me but no more circle swiping stuff

Go a few posts below, its the real solution concerning a vacuum that's created with touch screen

Hi All,

Excuse me if this has been asked before... but is there any way to change the "swipe to outer circle" call answering behavior on the LG G2?

I looked through the settings and was unable to find it. I can always turn on the "bring phone to ear answers call" but this isn't so useful when connected via bluetooth in the car.

I'm not sure what I'd change it to, but I find the "swipe to outer circle" action to be somewhat clumsy and not precise.

TIA,

- Los Pollos Hermanos

Read my posts below. The problem and correction is when a vacuum is cased..keep reading below. Its a factual fix!! And the only fix! Fact!

Last edited by a moderator:

Meranda Barks

Feb 19, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

TIA,

- Los Pollos Hermanos

Attachments

• inCollage_20190219_120521905.jpg
    inCollage_20190219_120521905.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_2019-02-19-12-04-10.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-19-12-04-10.png
    67.4 KB · Views: 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads