LG G2 - lg voice mate

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
My G2 does not have voice mate...preinstalled is it normal? I've. Searched In lg smart World...not available

Posted via Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Swipe up from home button like getting Google Now and it is on the left, here is a screen shot.

Tapatalk mofo

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380836731499.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380836731499.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 99

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Swipe up from home button like getting Google Now and it is on the left, here is a screen shot.

Tapatalk mofo

Yup. On my Verizon unit, I also found a shortcut buried in a "Tools" folder along with the calculator, alarm clock, quick remote and a couple other things. If you want the shortcut on your home screen you can just drag it out of the folder, if you have this folder on your phone.

Unfortunately, I find the swipe up action from the home button a bit problematic; half the time I seem to end up pressing on the home button too long and having my multi-tasking screen pop up with all my running apps instead of the Voice Mate, Google Now and Quick Memo options.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yup. On my Verizon unit, I also found a shortcut buried in a "Tools" folder along with the calculator, alarm clock, quick remote and a couple other things. If you want the shortcut on your home screen you can just drag it out of the folder, if you have this folder on your phone.

Unfortunately, I find the swipe up action from the home button a bit problematic; half the time I seem to end up pressing on the home button too long and having my multi-tasking screen pop up with all my running apps instead of the Voice Mate, Google Now and Quick Memo options.

When you say "folder", is that a pre-made folder in your App drawer? On the AT&T version, all of these are standalone Apps in the drawer.

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I've checked What all you People Said..I think voice mate not installed In my g2..is there any link for apk

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
When you say "folder", is that a pre-made folder in your App drawer? On the AT&T version, all of these are standalone Apps in the drawer.

It was a pre-made folder; the only one I found on the phone, actually. It was already labeled "Tools". I believe it was on one of my screens (vs. in the app drawer), but that's merely a guess based on how I typically do things; that is, I most don't think I would normally have pulled the entire folder onto my home screen from the app drawer; but I also probably wouldn't have deleted it if it were already on a screen.

But I just checked and there is also a stand alone Voice Mate icon in my app drawer.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt its the case, but if for some reason it isnt on your phone, dont install it. It's a terrible, useless app that takes up space. Use Google Now instead.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I highly doubt its the case, but if for some reason it isnt on your phone, dont install it. It's a terrible, useless app that takes up space. Use Google Now instead.

I have to agree that Voice Mate is pretty bad, but I have to say that I'm also disappointed in Google Now, at least with respect to some very fundamental functions. It's great for searches, and the cards are interesting; but for me it's pretty terrible for 3 very basic things I used Siri for constantly: voice dialing (from contacts or phone numbers I recite); setting reminders (hands free) and reading/responding to texts (hands free). Those are about the only 3 functions I feel Siri handled well, but it did handle them VERY well, and it happens that those are the 3 things I find I want to use a "digital assistant" for pretty much constantly. So far, none of the other Android apps I've tried even comes close (have to play around with Robin more; it seems to be the best I've used to date.)

By the way, that is not intended as a bash; I LOVE the Android platform and would never even consider going back to iOS; just acknowledging what is probably the only comparative disadvantage that I've yet to come across after making the leap.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree that Voice Mate is pretty bad, but I have to say that I'm also disappointed in Google Now, at least with respect to some very fundamental functions. It's great for searches, and the cards are interesting; but for me it's pretty terrible for 3 very basic things I used Siri for constantly: voice dialing (from contacts or phone numbers I recite); setting reminders (hands free) and reading/responding to texts (hands free). Those are about the only 3 functions I feel Siri handled well, but it did handle them VERY well, and it happens that those are the 3 things I find I want to use a "digital assistant" for pretty much constantly. So far, none of the other Android apps I've tried even comes close (have to play around with Robin more; it seems to be the best I've used to date.)

By the way, that is not intended as a bash; I LOVE the Android platform and would never even consider going back to iOS; just acknowledging what is probably the only comparative disadvantage that I've yet to come across after making the leap.

Have you tried using Google Now for voice dialing and voice reminders? Because it works great for me. The trading the txt thing I have no idea because I would never use that.

Tapatalk mofo

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Try Dragon assistant. ..almost as good as Siri

LSG67

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
How in the **** can you create a reminder with voice mate? I've read you can, but no matter how I try, it doesn't recognize the command "reminder." Boggles my mind.

Anyone know if it's possible?

rich_r

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you can set a reminder with Voice Mate but you can with Google Now. You can set a schedule event and you can create memos. There's actually a pretty impressive set of commands.

In case you have not discovered you can go into Voice Mate and swipe from right to left and see a complete set of commands and examples.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried using Google Now for voice dialing and voice reminders? Because it works great for me. The trading the txt thing I have no idea because I would never use that.

Tapatalk mofo

On my list of things to do this weekend is to try and get more familiar with Google Now. The biggest problem I've had with voice dialing so far is that it doesn't seem to be connecting what I'm saying with my contacts; or it wants to dial the wrong person because I have a number of people in my contacts list with similar names (such as relatives and in-laws with the same last names). Gonna fiddle some more. Te search function is absolutely AMAZING.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I've definitely heard of it.

Robin was pretty good but, after a few days with it, I actually found it TOO interactive; I need to see if there's a way to shut the damn thing off when I don't need it without totally disabling it, which I haven't found yet. Again, I may need to just sit and fiddle with it for awhile.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

On my list of things to do this weekend is to try and get more familiar with Google Now. The biggest problem I've had with voice dialing so far is that it doesn't seem to be connecting what I'm saying with my contacts; or it wants to dial the wrong person because I have a number of people in my contacts list with similar names (such as relatives and in-laws with the same last names). Gonna fiddle some more. Te search function is absolutely AMAZING.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I've definitely heard of it..

Bobbman, thanks for that recommnedation: Dragon Assistant is freakin' AMAZING!!! Was BETTER than Siri in almost every respect ... except one: It won't work when the phone's connected with the Bluetooth in my car. :( Not sure what's up with that, but have been Googling around for a fix. May have to reach out to the developer. Can't seem to find anyone else who has this problem. Wondering if it has to do with the same reason I can't stream music via Bluetooth to my car, though the phone works flawlessly. Not sure what the connection could be, but it's the only other Bluetooth issue I have encountered to date. We shall see.

But, Dragon Assistant's functionality (other than the Bluetooth thing) rocks!

meetdrpratik

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
the thing is you would have to go into the google settings,enable google now.,say ''okay google'' to brouse.

nexus 5 has google now on its home screen,so there is no need to go into the browser first and then tap on the mike icon and then speak.
it directly recognizes the voice command.

scomptonesn

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
My LG G2 via voicemate allows to make calls. Regarding voice texting, It will read my voice and display text but when asked if I want to send it and I reply "yes" or "send" it just asks me again and again and never sends it! Ironically if I say no to sende it obeys. Makes no sense...anyone??

_ scott

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE