I know I have another thread but I figured I'd let the community know that if you're having problems with the phone screen shutting off as soon as you go to unlock your phone, an update is on the way! I stopped into my local VZW store because my screen kept shutting off after I would touch the numbers on the PIN pad to unlock the phone, and not even a reboot sometimes would fix it. He said that LG should be releasing a fix by November, maybe sooner. I can only hope.
    10-05-2013 02:47 PM
    Cool just had some wierd issue like that today.
    10-05-2013 10:42 PM
    Well since a rep at a Verizon store said it, it must be true. By any chance are you still within your 14 day return window?

Could be true, but never rely on a Verizon rep, most people on this forum know more then they do.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    10-05-2013 11:10 PM
    This is probably a coincidence, but this was happening to me even through hard resets and eventually, out of desperation, I removed the SIM card, reinserted it and restarted. No problems since. I don't know why that would have fixed it, but it seems to have.
    10-06-2013 08:54 PM
    I had also been having this issue. I tried restarting the phone and a factory reset. I was also having knock on issues. This aftetnoon i bought one of verizons silicone cases and like magic it stopped. No issues since putting the phone in the case. Coinsidence?
    10-06-2013 09:43 PM
    I've had the same issue but I've more or less determined it was how I was holding the phone. Maybe covering the proximity sensor, or a finger on the edge of the screen accidentally tapping the screen enough to turn it off. Either way, I've been making sure to only hold the bezel since and everything's been fine.
    10-07-2013 02:34 PM
    I know I have another thread but I figured I'd let the community know that if you're having problems with the phone screen shutting off as soon as you go to unlock your phone, an update is on the way! I stopped into my local VZW store because my screen kept shutting off after I would touch the numbers on the PIN pad to unlock the phone, and not even a reboot sometimes would fix it. He said that LG should be releasing a fix by November, maybe sooner. I can only hope.
    I had the same issue and was given the same info by a VZW CS rep in their store. I was within my 14 day window, though, so swapped the phone and have not had any problems with this since.
    10-08-2013 06:10 AM
    I know this is a bit older, but I just replaced my Iphone 4s with the LG G2 (i also have a Moto X for work), and my screen starting shutting off recently. It became a pain when I'd make a phone call and the screen would just be black. I couldn't get it to come back on either. It would shut off when I was trying to log back in as well.

My last ditch effort came when I was on a phone call and needed to pick 1 or 2 on the keypad. But the screen was blacked out and all I could hear was audio. So I took off the clear screen protector and bam... My screen came back. I did what I needed to do and then started playing around with the device. Everytime I came within an inch or less of the screen with that protector, the screen would turn off. When I moved it away, the screen came back on. Interesting that the cheap blank plastic screen protector was my culprit.
    01-02-2014 03:15 PM
    I know this is a bit older, but I just replaced my Iphone 4s with the LG G2 (i also have a Moto X for work), and my screen starting shutting off recently. It became a pain when I'd make a phone call and the screen would just be black. I couldn't get it to come back on either. It would shut off when I was trying to log back in as well.

My last ditch effort came when I was on a phone call and needed to pick 1 or 2 on the keypad. But the screen was blacked out and all I could hear was audio. So I took off the clear screen protector and bam... My screen came back. I did what I needed to do and then started playing around with the device. Everytime I came within an inch or less of the screen with that protector, the screen would turn off. When I moved it away, the screen came back on. Interesting that the cheap blank plastic screen protector was my culprit.
    That could have potentially been my issue as well since I had the exact same problems. I did a factory reset though and I don't seem to have problems now. I figure I tricked the phone into not knowing the protector is there lol.
    01-02-2014 11:21 PM