Any confirmation. .news to LG g2 4.3 update

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2013 06:29 AM
    I haven't heard anything, which does not surprise me in the least.

Honestly the only thing I care to really see is a reworked notification bar menu. If they can just get the volume and brightness sliders to hide the way qslide apps can hide I'd be a happy man. I'm guessing this won't happen though but I know it's possible because the Verizon model does it from the reviews. Maybe it's just the volume that hides but that would still be nice.

I can't remember what 4.3 brought to the table.
    10-08-2013 09:48 AM
    4.3 didn't have much features wise. It was mostly a maintenance release. It fixed an annoying Bluetooth problem that I had where my device would not mysteriously reconnect. Other than that, I couldn't see anything else when I had it on my Nexus. It was a bit smoother though, I so that would be welcome even though the G2 is already smooth.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4
    10-08-2013 10:46 AM
    I would hope that LG wouldn't waste time on 4.3 and be dedicating time for 4.4, which is around the corner.
    Isaac Berg likes this.
    10-08-2013 10:47 AM
    I don't really care about 4.3 features, with the huge exception of TRIM support. The longer we have these devices, the more this will matter. Assuming the G2 will actually support this function in 4.3.
    Yet Another Reason to Update to Android 4.3: TRIM Support – xda-developers
    10-08-2013 10:56 AM
    I said in another thread that LG is in a good position to just skip 4.3 and go straight to 4.4. That would be the most logical route for them to go.
    10-08-2013 11:01 AM
    Ya! That will be good if lg skip 4.3..and go direct to kitkat .

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2013 01:29 PM
    I agree with the points made. At least with the hTc One we got a Menu Button (from 4.1.2), I would prefer if LG skips 4.3 too and give us a piece of that Kit Kat bar!
    10-08-2013 04:17 PM
    I would hope that LG wouldn't waste time on 4.3 and be dedicating time for 4.4, which is around the corner.
    I have to assume that is why it came with 4.2 in the first place, knowing 4.4 was around the corner I would think a jump straight to it would be most logical.
    soulgrnd likes this.
    10-08-2013 04:21 PM
    I have att so i wont see an update in like a year lol
    10-09-2013 10:09 PM
    I'm starting to realize this true, unless you are using an IPhone. I've heard Verizon is just as bad...android too.

posted from LG G2
    10-10-2013 10:37 PM
    Personally I can't go back to a pre-4.3 device because of the Notification Listener Service it introduced.

I use at any one time 3-5 Notification-monitoring Apps:
    -Dynamic Notifications wakes my screen
    -if I ignore it then later manually turn it back on it shows me a fully expanded DashClock atop WidgetLocker using DashNotifier Extensions
    -if I ignore those Notifications & progress to my Homescreen, Floating Notifications displays everything I've ignored & NotifierPro displays them briefly at the top
    -if I then finally decide to dismiss them instead of ignoring them, I double-tap on Floating Notifications while collapsed (or swipe them from NotifierPro) & they're all cleared from everywhere (even the Notification Shade)
    -I also keep MissedIt as a backup/reminder displaying Badge Notifications on each of the individual Apps until I actually launch them (I keep it separate from the Notification Listener Service as I use it as a last line of defense to remind me as unobtrusively as possible)

I find that super convient & until you've used multiple Notification-monitoring Apps you really can't fully appreciate it.
    On pre-4.3 I'd either need to manually enter the App to clear the Notification from everywhere or manually swipe/tap each different form of Notification.

I realize this scenario doesn't effect everyone but for me 4.3's Notification Listener Service is Android Notifications FINALLY done right.

Also as a side note, I absolutely hate the cluttered Android StatusBar so I use StatusBar+ to keep the only icons I ever see up there as few as possible - Network, Time, Ringer Type, Battery %.
    That's partly why I rely on Notification-monitoring Apps.
    10-10-2013 10:52 PM
    I'm starting to realize this true, unless you are using an IPhone. I've heard Verizon is just as bad...android too.

posted from LG G2
    when i had a galaxy s3 i didnt get the update with the multitask feature until 4 months after every other carrier got it.
    att sucks *** with updates.
    10-10-2013 11:16 PM