I am dumping my galaxy s4! Yay! Finally! So tired of the awful lighting of the phone while outside even when set at the brightest level. The lag and stutter on the phone is terrible. Feels like I have a old phone and I've exchanged it 2 times via warranty. I turned off the s-voice, animations and a ton of other things reviewers and YouTube videos show to do and it only made a slight difference. I looked into the lg g2 online, read a ton of reviews and finally got to play with it yesterday at the tmobile store. I compared the phones side by side, the s4 whites look yellow and dim even with both screens with brightness all the way up, the lg g2 whites are unbelievable pure white and bright. The quickness and snappiness of the lg g2 is incredible. The apps opened side by side with both of the ram cleared before doing so, the g2 blows the s4 away. Takes about 2 seconds to open the s4 camera (I'm a big camera user) and instantly on the g2. The camera on the g2 takes better pictures as well, when the shutter is pressed it takes so much faster shots as well, maybe 2 seconds faster and that's a huge plus! It's such a beautiful phone and I like the fact that the buttons are on the back. I am pretty sure I will get use to it, side buttons are sometimes a hassle for me, especially with a case on. The only downfalls are no sd card slot and the speakers are not as loud and stereo sounding as the s4. Also I can't change the whole system font to a custom one without rooting like I can on the s4..? Or maybe I can? Those 3 little little mild flaws from the phone didn't change my mind from buying it! It has way too many pros. The store didn't have the white one in stock so I had it ordered. I will receive it hopefully Monday. I am very excited and can't wait to sell the galaxy s4 over on craigslist (the not so fun part lol). I added the jump to my line, so I can change my phone up every 6 months
    10-11-2013 05:08 PM
    I will admit, I left Samsung because I was getting bored with them. The bloated TW wasn't much of a selling point for me.
    gummyjelly likes this.
    10-11-2013 11:14 PM
    I posted that I was done with Samsung too a few days before the Note 3 came out. I spent a few hours with it a day after it was released and two days later I sold my hTc One and picked up the Black unit.

It's the little changes like the Back Cover but Samsung is on the right path.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk now Free
    10-11-2013 11:58 PM
    Samsung has something going for them. No doubt about that. Be it size, display, SD card, whatever...they are selling.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-12-2013 12:06 AM
    Yeah the note galaxy combo is workin real well for samsung. Plus the ok mid to low range phones they produce is cornering all sides.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 now Free
    10-12-2013 12:26 AM
    i got the lg g2 because i was bored with the galaxy line. and the lg g2 looked unique. had the phone since a few weeks i can say that a love the ui much better than touchwiz.
    but there are some slight issues i have with the phone like im not enjoying the low lighting camera problems and the speaker placement.
    10-12-2013 06:08 AM
    I will admit, I left Samsung because I was getting bored with them. The bloated TW wasn't much of a selling point for me.
    Same here. I've had several Galaxys and the newest was just an incremental improvement over the S3. I had no interest in the Note as I just don't see the form factor as a practical size for the pocket, just too big. The G2 was just a fantastic combination of form factor, screen size and some great hardware. I find the camera better than the camera on the S3 or S4 and certainly better than the camera on the HTC One. I think you'd have to go to the newer Nokias before you'd do better on the camera side.

LG really did something special with the G2 and I applaud them for it. Yes, it's not perfect, no phone is, but IMO it's the best I've ever owned.
    10-12-2013 08:50 AM
    Many phones have started to toe the line. For me the hardest thing has been trying to make due with 16 GB of space.
    The experience is overall different.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    10-12-2013 10:35 AM
    Galaxy S4 was my first Android phone, and I just switched to the Verizon LG G2. I am *much* happier now!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-12-2013 01:52 PM
    I hope to be happier too. I really think the samsung galaxy phones/note sell so well because of the high amount of advertising (like the iPhone). I also had the htc one before I bought the galaxy s4 and what made me return it was its terrible camera and that awful black bar a lot of apps would produce which I know there's been a update to resolved that. The htc one had zero lag but that camera was really a deal breaker for me. It was just awful in my opinion. Nobody else experience a lot of lag from the galaxy phones? I also come from iPhones, I had them all besides the 5 and 5s and 5c. From what I read everywhere the lg g2 has zero lag and it's been compared to be a better phone then htc one which is zero lag phone.
    10-12-2013 02:26 PM
    No experience with HTC Ow, but the G2 is substantially smoother than the S4. What drove me to find an alternative to the S4 were the too-dim screen which is unreadable in bright sunlight and the horrible mechanical home button.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-12-2013 04:51 PM
    I hear ya on the galaxy phones. I have a note 3 and I'm sick of trying to stock with these crappy phones. I'm debating between the g2 and the nexus 5. My trade in Window for the Note 3 is the end of next week so I need to make up my mind soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free
    10-12-2013 09:47 PM
    I was thinking of waiting for the nexus 5 as well but I read the camera will be crappy again. I also watched a lot of YouTube videos with reviewers stating this is the just as good as nexus and as smooth :-)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Android Central Forums
    10-12-2013 11:09 PM
    I for one love the Galaxy Note series. I did look at the G2 and it seems like a great device. But this Note 3 is awesome. I haven't had too many complaints yet. Outside of a slightly loose home button the phone has been flawless,

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    10-13-2013 11:48 AM
    I have a galaxy s4 and love it but honestly the only thing that kept me from getting the G2 was the UI. Just not a fan of it. Plus LG rakes for ever to update their phones

Posted via Android Central App
    10-13-2013 04:30 PM
    The note 3 looks nice but not a fan of such a huge phone. I have small hands Lol.

10-13-2013 05:59 PM
    The note 3 looks nice but not a fan of such a huge phone. I have small hands Lol.

You would make due when you realize what great things such a big phone will bring.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.
    10-14-2013 02:57 PM

Sent from Torchwood
    bembol likes this.
    10-14-2013 05:48 PM