Got a Note 3 but sticking with G2!

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I got my Note 3 delivered today and had all day to mess around with it. Basically cloned my setup from my G2, threw in the sim card and went away at it.

After about 12 hours of testing (I know probably not a lot of time) I know I'm sticking with the G2. Don't get me wrong the Note 3 is a nice device but it's certain things about it I just don't like.

Posted via Android Central App

took2089

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I got my Note 3 delivered today and had all day to mess around with it. Basically cloned my setup from my G2, threw in the sim card and went away at it.

After about 12 hours of testing (I know probably not a lot of time) I know I'm sticking with the G2. Don't get me wrong the Note 3 is a nice device but it's certain things about it I just don't like.

Like???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Lol sorry about that... But honestly the size of the phone isn't too big of a deal but the shape of the phone being square make it weird to hold after long periods of time. The screen seems way to saturated, while brighter than the G2 I like the G2 screen better. The camera is kind of a bummer compared to the G2 as well. While I shouldn't say I don't like the S Pen I feel after a couple of days I wouldn't need it, scrap booker is pretty decent feature though.

The unit I got gets really hot as well just from browsing and YouTube, don't know if it's the unit I got but never had that problem on the G2.

I guess the G2 while being a 5.2 screen phone is more pocketable to me and I know it's hard to believe lol but seems a little faster than the Note 3. The Note 3 is a multitasking beast but it's just not working for me.

Hope that answers some questions even though I was pretty brief.

benleclair

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I did the same. Thought for sure I'd be going to the new Note, bought the G2 as a stopgap. However, I thought the Note 3 felt cheap, the phone UI was horrible (and I don't like other launchers) and the killing blow was the camera. The Note 3 camera is actually worse than the S4 in my opinion. I think it's the same camera so it will probably get fixed in a software update but I didn't want to deal with it. I've been impressed with the G2 camera so far... I think the OIS helps me quite a bit.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the Note 3, but I'm returning it this week for the g2 or the nexus 5. The chrome plastic piece around the phone has been chipping off so yes a very cheap phone. It's a decent, but I do agree the odd shape is harder to hold. Every time I use it the phone will freeze intermittently for 10 seconds or so which is extremely irritating. The first day or so I used the s pen, but now it's only used by my 3 year old to doodle with on one of his kids apps. However, my wife wants me to keep it just for that. What ever keeps him happy I guess.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I did the same. Thought for sure I'd be going to the new Note, bought the G2 as a stopgap. However, I thought the Note 3 felt cheap, the phone UI was horrible (and I don't like other launchers) and the killing blow was the camera. The Note 3 camera is actually worse than the S4 in my opinion. I think it's the same camera so it will probably get fixed in a software update but I didn't want to deal with it. I've been impressed with the G2 camera so far... I think the OIS helps me quite a bit.

It does feel slightly cheap, I thought the band around the phone was metal but nope.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the Note 3, but I'm returning it this week for the g2 or the nexus 5. The chrome plastic piece around the phone has been chipping off so yes a very cheap phone. It's a decent, but I do agree the odd shape is harder to hold. Every time I use it the phone will freeze intermittently for 10 seconds or so which is extremely irritating. The first day or so I used the s pen, but now it's only used by my 3 year old to doodle with on one of his kids apps. However, my wife wants me to keep it just for that. What ever keeps him happy I guess.

I haven't had freezing just the heat up on the back. Still running through test till I make my decision... it's funny because I'm still picking my G2 up to do things and the Note will sit there lol.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Whenever mine freezes it references my magazine so I know it's a software issue. I've talked to other people seeing the sane issue. Im waiting to see what google announces for the nexus 5 or else I'll go with the g2. I have until Friday for my 2 week return period.

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I loved the note 2 and 1, but I had the note 3 for a day, and even for a 6'3" guy the thing was too boxy and big. I felt like a rod talking on it! Also, the camera was a real disappointment! The Note 2 had an ok camera, got the job done, but imo the note 3's camera is pretty crappy!! I am happy with my G2! My only complaint is that it recorded better, my Htc One is great for that!!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have both too. I praise Samsung for making the small changes, I love the Design, Build and the Back Cover but...

G2 IMO is the Super Phone of 2013!

I know the KnockOn can be achieved by Rooting but I can't be bothered, I love this feature which gave the G2 a cleaner look without a physical home button and allowed us to customized the on-screen buttons. Continuing with buttons, I love the move LG made by placing them on the back and giving a short cut and LED notification light.

I can't believed how the thin bezels can make this much difference, the display is amazing! At 5.2" the size is perfect.

Like OP I'm sticking with the G2 too! I will sell my Note 3 IF Apple releases the iPad mini with Retina.

MacHouse83

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I have both too. I praise Samsung for making the small changes, I love the Design, Build and the Back Cover but...

G2 IMO is the Super Phone of 2013!

I know the KnockOn can be achieved by Rooting but I can't be bothered, I love this feature which gave the G2 a cleaner look without a physical home button and allowed us to customized the on-screen buttons. Continuing with buttons, I love the move LG made by placing them on the back and giving a short cut and LED notification light.

I can't believed how the thin bezels can make this much difference, the display is amazing! At 5.2" the size is perfect.

Like OP I'm sticking with the G2 too! I will sell my Note 3 IF Apple releases the iPad mini with Retina.

The G2 is going to be a sleeper hit in 2013. I'm going to sell my Note 3 tomorrow and spend that money on something good lol.

Even though it's running great on 4.2.2 hopefully we get good and timely updates.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
My boys are surprised too when I tell them I prefer the G2 over the Note 3. The first thing out of their mouth is, LG? Seriously?

SHIFT_tapatalk Note 3

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Also here in The Netherlands you can only buy the 16 gb version so i ordered a 32 gb international version in the UK...:)

I'm wanting to move to The Netherlands and I looked up the specs on the Verizon version and it will work on all of the bands in Europe. So if I end up being able to move in the next 2 years I can keep my G2. :D