sandyb

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to use FOXFI on the G2? Is it possible? Have been able to use this app on most all of my androids.. But NO JOY with the G2.

Posted via Android Central App

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know no free hotspots are working on Verizon. As far as a couple weeks ago anyway, I tried every one I could find.

On a side note do you have unlimited data? If so you can now use that on Verizon's hotspot plan. It does cost a pretty penny compared to free ($30 a month) but you get to use your unlimited data unlike before. I decided to bite the bullet and use it once I found out. I had a hotspot (MiFi) I was spending $80 a month on because the 4G wasn't strong enough on my GNex at work to use a free hotspot. So now with the strong radios on the G2 I'm using the $30 hotspot unlimited data and still saving $50 since I cancelled my MiFi.

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
FoxFi/PDANet stopped working with 4.2 upgrades on Verizon. I had it and used it all the time on my GNex until they updated the GNex to 4.2 then it never worked again. I've tried it on my G2 now and it still doesn't work. That's the only thing that has me tempted to root this phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay