swiftkey....

KayIslandDrunk

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
This is the first phone I haven't installed swiftkey on. The stock keyboard swipes surprisingly well, supports emoji, and the themes aren't half bad.

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded TouchPal x and I love it! It's fast, no lag I love it better than swift because it has emoji support. Doesn't have all the emojis yet but I emailed the developer and they did state they will have them all soon.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

tp2386

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded TouchPal x and I love it! It's fast, no lag I love it better than swift because it has emoji support. Doesn't have all the emojis yet but I emailed the developer and they did state they will have them all soon.

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

This. The fact that it is totally free is unbelievable.

cobra617

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I hate the stock keyboard...mainly because I always hit comma instead of space.

I just downloaded Google keyboard and I like it 100% already.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2
OK, I have the EXACT same problem. I like the LG keyboard other than this glaring issue.

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
If I have the Nexus 7 2013, and enjoy the gesture typing, is there any reason to get SwiftKey? Also, does one license cover you for multiple devices? I have HTC DNA and Nexus 7 2013.

Thanks in advance

Comp625

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
SwiftKey has, in my opinion, the best prediction engine compared to all other keyboards - even Google's. The main complaint with SwiftKey is that many users, including myself, experience lag.

- Lag when typing in landscape mode
- Lag when typing in other apps (E.g. lots of complaints about usage in WhatsApp)
- Lag in the keyboard pop-up

The lag has caused me to switch between SwiftKey and Google Keyboard. The inaccuracy with Google is apparent after using Swiftkey for a while, but the non-lag is very nice.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s3 via TapaTalk Pro

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't mind googles keyboard, swiftkey seemed smoother when it opened. Also to the previous poster....They have swiftkey for the phone and tablet, so from what I understand, yes if your using say a Nexus 7, you will need to double dip. However, I could be wrong.

tp2386

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Any of you try Fleksy? I just downloaded the beta through fleksy's google plus page and I find it amazing. Epecially when I went to the FAQ and saw some shortcuts I could use.

Jeremy Leitch

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I really like the stock keyboard for the simple reason it lets you set the two punctuation keys to the right of the space bar to whatever you want. If you press and hold it not only inserts the punctuation symbol you chose but those 2 keys STAY with whatever was the last symbol you chose as default until the next time you override. My big gripe with most keyboards is they never seem to have the punctuation symbols I want most so that is making me stick with stock for now.

Oh, and I also like that when typing in landscape if you quickly swipe from the center out with your thumbs it splits to side keyboards, then if you want you can swipe your thumbs back together again and it's back to one big keyboard.

I second this. The stock keyboard takes a bit of getting used to but it has some powerful features. In addition to the above you can also swipe down to make the keyboard dissapear and swipe up to to make it reappear. You can also change the color theme of the keyboard and turn 'path input' like on swiftkey or google keyboards.

I like the stock keyboard with the number row turned off.

outlawz89

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey anybody know if I can get the number pad on top of my keyboard for swiftkey like they do for the stock keyboard? Thats my only perk about this keyboard.

Evgenibir

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
go into the settings>wireless settings and select "Use 2G Networks Only" it will reduce the battery usage and you can always turn it back on when needed. this should help with the problem your having.

Nope, that's a feature that's on the stock keyboard only

Sent from my LG-D802

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Hey anybody know if I can get the number pad on top of my keyboard for swiftkey like they do for the stock keyboard? Thats my only perk about this keyboard.

Take a look at Kii Keyboard. It has number row on top and arrow row on bottom. (Both of these rows are options.)

Posted via Android Central App

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
If I have the Nexus 7 2013, and enjoy the gesture typing, is there any reason to get SwiftKey? Also, does one license cover you for multiple devices? I have HTC DNA and Nexus 7 2013.

Thanks in advance

If you're referring to the SwiftKey license, then yes it does. Anything you purchase on Android Market (I refuse to call it by the new lame name) will function for multiple devices. The licenses are associated with the Google account you purchased it under. So long as you keep using that account everything you purchase should work fine on multiple devices (so long as said app is supported).

Posted From My Sprint Samsung Nexus S via Android Central App

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to like the LG keyboard because i like little thing like the number row at the top of keyboard... but it seemed a bit harder to type well compared to swiftkey with size or spacing of keys maybe... and the spellcheck is not as predictive out of the gate and not learning as fast as swiftkey. gave up and installed my swiftkey and runs fine, no lag. if only they give an option for the number bar at top.

Anyone just using the stock keyboard, I have yet to try it, have been using swiftkey, but it sometimes drags it seems to pop up or close, curious how bad or good the LG keyboard is.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I am a total keyboard snob. I was in on the earliest Swype beta long before it was a public app, I've used SwiftKey on/off since its introduction as well. I currently have the KitKit apk running on my N7 and that is quite nice.

Although SwiftKey gets such love from so many users, I have always found it to be unacceptable. It's got the best prediction on the market, IMO, but as stated earlier, the lag makes the keyboard totally unusable, for me. If you have a document open in an app like OfficeSuite that's more than a page or two in length, you can do a handful of squat-thrusts in the time it'll take between a key tap and that letter displaying - seriously - it's that bad. This is well-documented all over their site and has persisted for years for a large number of users. Quite surprising for a leading keyboard app. On top of this, their swiping/flow functionality is too inaccurate for my use compared to the Google keyboard or Swype.

I find the stock G2 a delightful experience. My initial thought was that it's simply a piece of Manufacturer-supplied crapware that I'll replace in the first few minutes of use, but I gotta say that I love it for many of the reasons stated earlier in this thread. As of now, I have no intention of switching.