swiftkey....

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone just using the stock keyboard, I have yet to try it, have been using swiftkey, but it sometimes drags it seems to pop up or close, curious how bad or good the LG keyboard is.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the new SwiftKey beta? I have never used SwiftKey and I have tried every version over the years, but I'm using it now. I used to be a thumbkeyboard lover but it was stopped being supported. The new options in SwiftKey are pretty nice. It detaches, resizes and combined phone and tablet. It was on front page recently of AC.

And of course flo, same as swype.

http://www.androidcentral.com/swiftkey-43-beta-debuts-new-keyboard-layouts-we-go-hands

Last edited:

Jyscal

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried using the stock LG keyboard when I first got my G2 and I couldn't stand it. The ASAP one is so much better. Bit aren't as good as SwiftKey IMO. SwiftKey's touch typing has greatly improved and the predictions are awesome once I learned how to use them. I installed beta today and it's even better!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The keyboard is pretty good compare to Samsung's pos keyboard Lol. I love swift but it doesn't have emojis support. I like kii but it isn't as good and a lot of the auto corrects make no sense! I wish swift had emojis support. We have full emojis support on our phone and I do like to use it 😃

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I hate the stock keyboard...mainly because I always hit comma instead of space.

I just downloaded Google keyboard and I like it 100% already.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I've always used the stock Google keyboard but I decided to give SwiftKey a shot. So far I'm liking it, especially the options for customization.

Posted via Android Central App

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I really like the stock keyboard for the simple reason it lets you set the two punctuation keys to the right of the space bar to whatever you want. If you press and hold it not only inserts the punctuation symbol you chose but those 2 keys STAY with whatever was the last symbol you chose as default until the next time you override. My big gripe with most keyboards is they never seem to have the punctuation symbols I want most so that is making me stick with stock for now.

Oh, and I also like that when typing in landscape if you quickly swipe from the center out with your thumbs it splits to side keyboards, then if you want you can swipe your thumbs back together again and it's back to one big keyboard.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
You all should try Touchpal X. It's the best android keyboard in my opinion and it's free. Full features and all.

I downloaded touch pal x and I love it! I really wish it would support all the emojis. I actually like it better then swift. It would also be nice if we could change the font but full emojis is a must! Hopefully they do it soon 😊

GPilot650

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Same here. Went back to SwiftKey after hitting the comma instead of the space about 50% off the time.
Swiftkey rocks on this... Especially the new beta.

-g-

tp2386

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded touch pal x and I love it! I really wish it would support all the emojis. I actually like it better then swift. It would also be nice if we could change the font but full emojis is a must! Hopefully they do it soon ��

The touchpal x devs have a thread on xda somewhere asking for user concerns/improvements. I can't seem to find it though. Maybe you can ask about emojis there. I want to say I saw someone asking about full emojis support when I was reading the thread.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
i really wanted to hate the google keyboard for its lack of emoji, but then i realized i'm not a middle school girl so it doesn't really affect me

;)

marky_yo

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback! I am trying googles keyboard right now. I love swiftkey and ya paid for the full version, well worth it, it just seems to lag at times on the G2, I was trying to see if I could a hard reset, but everyone says it will delete all your content on the phone, either way not a huge deal! I just have been using swiftkey since it literally came out. Time for change!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke