Battery drainage from google services?

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
You mind posting a screenshot of your battery stats? It makes a difference depending on what else is using your battery

the top 5 are always

google play services, android system, android os , cell standby , screen.

usually in different orders but mainly seeing google play services and android system

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
the top 5 are always

usually in different orders but mainly seeing google play services and android system
Screen time and cell standby should be first :\
Google Play services is so annoying, usually restarting helps but seems like it's not the case for you
Try turning off location services or go to settings and turn off Backup and Sync

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Google Play services is so annoying, usually restarting helps but seems like it's not the case for you
Try turning off location services or go to settings and turn off Backup and Sync
some time cell standby is at the first but yea, idk i turned all that off that has to do with google services.

its driving me crazy cause idk what it is.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site

could gmail be the cause of it

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
the top 5 are always

There's other threads in the LG G2 forums about battery life. Please check those out.

If your phone is from AT&T, Android System has nothing to do with Android. It's Carrier IQ and it is buggy and wake locks.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I've stopped sync on all Google products except calendar and play store,but now Google services is 63%of my drain. Its out of control. I heard there is a Google server issue,is this potentially the issue?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
If you're willing, one thing you can try is do a factory reset. Then, without installing any 3rd party apps, set up your google account and use your phone for a day or so to see if you still have any issues.
FYI, factory reset DOES NOT fix this battery drain problem. i know because i tried. i still randomly get severe battery drain every now and then and i can't for the life of me pinpoint the exact issue.

since this problem persists after a "factory reset", this suggests the problem lies in LG's implementation of the firmware, particularly on at&t phones...

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
FYI, factory reset DOES NOT fix this battery drain problem. i know because i tried. i still randomly get severe battery drain every now and then and i can't for the life of me pinpoint the exact issue.

since this problem persists after a "factory reset", this suggests the problem lies in LG's implementation of the firmware, particularly on at&t phones...

You really should read the other threads on the matter. You find lots of helpful information.

There's more than one reason for this issue. It's not just location services. It's not just carrier iq. It's not just any one thing.

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You really should read the other threads on the matter. You find lots of helpful information.

There's more than one reason for this issue. It's not just location services. It's not just carrier iq. It's not just any one thing.

i know. and i have been contributing to those threads as well. all i am saying here, which is what i've said on the other threads as well, is that a factory reset does NOT help. a factory reset basically reinstalls the SAME firmware and the same problems persist thereafter.

it is a problem in several locations in the firmware LG has installed on the phones.

Devin Balroop

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Just go to settings/apps/all
look for google play services
Clear data/uninstall update/forcestop
U can disable it too if u want
This solves most wakelock issues.