Has anyone had flicking on the screen when scrolling a webpage or Facebook or the play store? The screen will be darker and then just get light and back to darker. Right now I have it set to zero brightness and doesn't matter if auto is on or off AMD doesn't matter where the brightness is. I am noticing as well when I am typing or doing something on the phone it will glitch. Its a very short glitch but becoming quite annoying.

It happens when I am holding my finger down on the page and just scrolling up and down. This never happened with my galaxy s4 and its becoming very annoying. I haven't heard anyone on here say anything about it so I am wondering, is it just my phone?

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app
    10-18-2013 08:07 AM
    Never mind its happening all the time it was just most noticeable with those apps. Even happens while in settings. I might do a factory reset and if that doesn't help exchanging the phone.

10-18-2013 08:34 AM
    Never mind its happening all the time it was just most noticeable with those apps. Even happens while in settings. I might do a factory reset and if that doesn't help exchanging the phone.

Do you have a screen protector that is covering the sensors? A case? Dirty screen?
    10-18-2013 09:05 AM
    No I am using it case less, I thought it was the case at first. The screen is clean. Seems this is a known issue

Just found that. That's exactly what's happening to mine. Maybe some Ppl haven't noticed it? Or maybe its only happening to some phones? I am going to do a factory reset in a few hours. If that doesn't fix it, I will have the phone exchanged and if it keeps on, I will return it for good. My galaxy s4 never gave me that issue. Its really hurting my eyes.

10-18-2013 09:26 AM
    I've heard people mentioning it, so it's something I looked for after I got my G2, but I have yet to see it. I keep my brightness at 50% with auto off.
    10-18-2013 10:52 AM
    OK found the glitch! Been messing with it Lol. When brightness is set lower then 30% is when it happens. I always lower my brightness to 0% at night because of my eyes. That's when I started to notice it. I will still do a factory reset ..but it seems its a known issue. This might be a deal breaker for me guys :-( I might go back to my galaxy s4. Such a shame if this is all phones, more testing should have been done.

10-18-2013 10:57 AM
    I believe this is called adaptive brightness, and yes you really only notice it at sub-50% brightness levels. I don't think it's an issue for the average user, but it sounds like it's a big deal for you (nothing wrong with that). Maybe they adjust it it in a future software update, but maybe not.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    10-18-2013 12:27 PM
    Don't forget this problem with screen also.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-18-2013 02:04 PM
    Ok guys I have very good news! The factory reset has fixed the problem for me. Both the brightness flickering issue and the little glitches happening on and off. I haven't had any other issues, the phone is working flawlessly. I am very happy and keeping the phone yay! I also forgot to mention another issue I was having and that was rotation of the screen while on the home screen with the apps, it would rotate and clear all my apps tor a few seconds. I had to turn rotation off but once I did the reset my rotation is on and no longer even rotates on the home screen. I'm glad a simple factory reset fixed it all! 😄 what I did different was not sync all my pictures I had on my galaxy s4, which was about 300 something. I just kept those on my computer. Maybe that did the trick too.

10-18-2013 09:11 PM
    idk how a factory reset fixed it for you, seeing as it's an issue with CABL (content adaptive brightness). that's actually my video ya posted lol. it's a really bad, annoying issue and as of now, we can't find a way to turn it off.
    10-19-2013 02:14 PM
    I tested it last night while in bed and the lights off and unfortunately I still have it. Not a big deal since its only when brightness is lower then 30 % the glitching of the screen went away I think it was a force quick application or something that was causing it and that annoying rotation of the home screen that kept occurring is gone as well. I think a software update will fix the flickering. If enough ppl complain about it.

10-19-2013 04:02 PM