Verizon LG G2 - LockScreen Weather Animation Issue

nDroid3

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with the Weather Animation feature on the stock Lock Screen?
For me...sometimes it works and..well, most of the time it doesn't.
I am using Nova Launcher as my daily launcher but when I switch back to the stock LG launcher, I get the same issue with the weather animation not working.

Any tips? I've done the whole restart thing and also a full reset..with no luck.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
For a while I was having this problem. Then i contacted LG about it and they had no clue either, so I did some problem solving. I decided to change theme and then put back the original and that helped. But I noticed that it does not work when I make changes to the wallpapers. When I used a jpeg of lower quality it works better. When I change shortcuts it stops working. It's weird. But what i have noticed for sure is that, when you make changes to the launcher, in particular the wallpaper, is when (for me) it stops working. But if i leave it till it auto updates, or change locations and it updates, it works again. also, resetting the default home screen wallpaper, helps me too with this issue. It seems to be more and more consistent these days... idk why.

clifford Jones

May 19, 2015
Visit site
try this i had same problem until yesterday.

1. delete all your locations in the stock weather app.
2. instead of that turn on location service in settings
3. open stock weather app
4. chose to change your list of cities
5. chose +
6. chose current location the app searches your location because you turned on location service.
7. last but not least. open settings and after that chose lockscreen
8. check box weather info on. if there is asked wich location chose current one

the app and the lockscreen follows your location now and will show only rain and snow as i believe. succes.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance