The SD800 has always on voice activation built into the chip, is there a way to use this with this phone ala the Moto x? Has anyone tried this so far? The demos I saw used "Hey Snapdragon". I would love this feature.

I know LG has their own voice assistant but what I'm talking about is something akin to the Moto x.
    10-19-2013 04:26 PM
    Amazon.com: Open Mic+ for Google Now: Appstore for Android

This app was on Google Play, but taken down due to licensing/dispute issues between Google and the developer per Lifehacker.
    Open Mic+ Brings the Moto X's Touchless Control to Any Android Phone
    10-19-2013 04:47 PM
    Thanks. I was actually aware of that app however it does use a bit of battery. The new SD800 processors use a process that is way more battery efficient. Thus I was looking to see if LG had tapped into that. Love the idea and SD's implementation of it if available.
    10-19-2013 05:16 PM
    Thanks. I was actually aware of that app however it does use a bit of battery. The new SD800 processors use a process that is way more battery efficient. Thus I was looking to see if LG had tapped into that. Love the idea and SD's implementation of it if available.
    LG does have voice actions, however they aren't always on. My guess is LG knew this capability was coming in 4.4 since they are making the Nexus and probably decided to just use Google's implementation. Why work harder than needed. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why LG picked the 800 though.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    10-20-2013 01:03 AM
    LG does have voice actions, however they aren't always on. My guess is LG knew this capability was coming in 4.4 since they are making the Nexus and probably decided to just use Google's implementation. Why work harder than needed. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why LG picked the 800 though.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk
    That's a pretty hopeful guess imo. I really hope you are right or a dev is able to utilize some more features of the chip. I too would really like to have the Voice actions ( I am assuming you are talking about the Hexagon DSP?), what happened to 4k video recording and I know it wasn't advertised but the chip is capable of USB 3.0.
    10-20-2013 12:45 PM