G2 rocks!!!

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The g2 rocks. I haven't been this enthusiastic about a phone since my first iPhone (3g). galaxy s4 was my first dip into android and g2 was the icing on the cake. My wife still has her s4 and I can't believe I actually believed amoled was great. every time I pick up her phone or see her battery life I pinch myself. S4 really is kinda crappier compared to g2.

I still find it amusing how most of my friends still have an iPhone and plan to "upgrade" to the new "thump print" phone. They fear change and tell me my phone is too large?? Apple appeased the feeble minded.

btw. I know people are quick to dismiss the buttons on the back but I must say they are brilliant. perfect spot.

Posted via Android Central App

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The g2 rocks. I haven't been this enthusiastic about a phone since my first iPhone (3g). galaxy s4 was my first dip into android and g2 was the icing on the cake. My wife still has her s4 and I can't believe I actually believed amoled was great. every time I pick up her phone or see her battery life I pinch myself. S4 really is kinda crappier compared to g2.

I still find it amusing how most of my friends still have an iPhone and plan to "upgrade" to the new "thump print" phone. They fear change and tell me my phone is too large?? Apple appeased the feeble minded.

btw. I know people are quick to dismiss the buttons on the back but I must say they are brilliant. perfect spot.

Congrats! :) The G2 is a beast but I just can't stand their UI, looks like a sloppy imitation of TouchWiz. Nothing a launcher can't fix :p
Still wouldn't trade my S4 for a G2 though

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Congrats on getting a beast of a phone! Since I got mine on launch day 4 co workers have gotten this phone. 1 had a GS3, 2 had iPhone 5's, 1 had GS4.

They all r glad they switched.

Posted from my awesome Lg G2

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I agree! I've had multiple BB's, Androids, iPhones and a few Windows Phones. I haven't been as enthusiastic about a device since Jan 09 when I got my 1st iPhone. A 3G.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Congrats! :) The G2 is a beast but I just can't stand their UI, looks like a sloppy imitation of TouchWiz. Nothing a launcher can't fix :p
Still wouldn't trade my S4 for a G2 though

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand people who base their opinions of LG's UI on looks alone. It's nothing like Touchwiz and it doesn't hiccup like Touchwiz. Even if people think it may look a bit like Touchwiz, that can be changed with themes. I don't think these look like Touchwiz.

Sent from my Verizon LG G2 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382793857697.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382793857697.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 24
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382793917132.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382793917132.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 24
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382793967499.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382793967499.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 24
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382793995296.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382793995296.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 24

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I really don't understand people who base their opinions of LG's UI on looks alone. It's nothing like Touchwiz and it doesn't hiccup like Touchwiz. Even if people think it may look a bit like Touchwiz, that can be changed with themes. I don't think these look like Touchwiz.

I have to agree, LG UI is great and and not sloppy. This phone has no lag and the OS is great.

I loved the LCD on my Nokia Lumia 920 and this one ifs even better!

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The only thing making me think that I want to return it is that I can not edit outlook.com contacts on my phone.

I.have skydrive, office 365 home premium, Xbox. Outlook.com app that syncs my email and calendar perfectly, only complaint. It syncs my contacts perfectly but I can't edit or add them. This part makes me want to go iOS or back to Windows Phone.

In the end I have just imported my contacts to gmail. Which isn't too bad except that my contacts on outlook.com will not stay in sync.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
The only thing making me think that I want to return it is that I can not edit outlook.com contacts on my phone.

I.have skydrive, office 365 home premium, Xbox. Outlook.com app that syncs my email and calendar perfectly, only complaint. It syncs my contacts perfectly but I can't edit or add them. This part makes me want to go iOS or back to Windows Phone.

In the end I have just imported my contacts to gmail. Which isn't too bad except that my contacts on outlook.com will not stay in sync.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2

You should never ever go to IOS. I sync contacts to gmail. it works for me. It seems funny now that I realized I really don't use email for anything important. I made a mistake by giving the gap my email now my inbox is flooded with promotions. My work and important people in my life contacts me through text. email is my commercial and what I use to sign into websites or order dominoes pizza

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree I love this phone. I had most of the iPhones from the 1st one to the 4s. I left iPhone for the galaxy s3 and then the galaxy s4. The galaxy line was so laggy compare to iOS but I loved the large screen and the customizing (without the need of jailbreaking). I said to myself if iPhone gets a larger screen I will go back like maybe a 5 in? Till I discovered the LG g2! No lag, beautiful, smooth and the buttons on the back are great! Touch Wiz was laggy and the colors were horrible. This phone is amazing. =)

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

That's why I said; "nothing a launcher can't fix." By sloppy I didn't mean the performance, I meant the look. What's that last launcher btw?

Slpkntmaggot

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you all the way man, I went into the store hoping for a GS4 and I thought I was settling when I bought the G2, (GS4 was a bit more than I wanted to spend), I'm glad I did man this phone is a beast, and like you said, the dealbreaker on this phone is the amazing battery life.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you all the way man, I went into the store hoping for a GS4 and I thought I was settling when I bought the G2, (GS4 was a bit more than I wanted to spend), I'm glad I did man this phone is a beast, and like you said, the dealbreaker on this phone is the amazing battery life.

The G2 kills anything Samsung makes, including the Note 3.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013)

digitard

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Ugh. I can't stand when people say others are sheep because they prefer their iDevice over an Android one. Let's face it... both have a lot to offer. I loved my iPhone 5, but I wanted to tinker again and had a chance to get an LG G2 at no cost to me so I took it and love the phone. Doesn't mean that I dislike Apple... just means that my flavor of choice right now is Android, but doesn't change the fact that iOS has it's perks. The closed and popular ecosystem results in some amazing performance for hardware that is out dated in a lot of cases (minus the new x64 chip). The fact that 80%+ of mobile device sales of apps is on iOS means that most developers put the iOS version out first and tends to be more polished (and due to the smaller ecosystem you tend to have less issues as they don't have as many hardware / software variables).

My point is... both have a place. Don't do the sheep thing. You sound just as bad trying to act superior.

NOW...

Having said that... I'm glad you're loving it. I'm a big fan of my G2 so far, and it's a powerful and awesome device. Now I'm just hoping LG stays on the update train with 4.4 coming.

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Where did you get that clock/weather widget? What is it?

Thanks.

GoldenEagle06

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Changing to Verizon in the next week or so. My contact with sprint just ended. Coming from an S3. Torn between the G2, s4, and maybe the droid maxx for battery life.

How much storage space is on the G2 available for us?

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Changing to Verizon in the next week or so. My contact with sprint just ended. Coming from an S3. Torn between the G2, s4, and maybe the droid maxx for battery life.

How much storage space is on the G2 available for us?

It's 32GB, but available is about 24GB I think, it's hard to know because I've already downloaded a lot of stuff and the actual available I have right now is just over 20GB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae