Finally Made the Move

TomK1965

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
After spending nearly two months researching and looking at new phones, I finally purchased the LG G2. I was undecided between the GS4, Moto X, and the G2 for the past three weeks. I was just about to buy the Moto X when I made a last minute decision to go with the G2. Even though I liked the Moto X, I just wanted a larger screen. I felt the size of the X was too similar to the iPhone, which I was leaving, and I wanted a screen I could actually see, now that I am nearing 50. Having the larger screen really makes a difference. I was a bit nervous that I would not like a big phone, but the G2 is very comfortable to hold and talk on.

Since the only smartphone I ever owned has been the iPhone, I started getting cold feet during the checkout. But, the sales person assured me I would have no problem learning Android. Said I would know within the 14 day return period if I like it or not and can go back to the iPhone. Even though I only bought the phone earlier today, I have to say I really like it. All the apps I had on the iPhone were available for Android and work flawlessly. The only concern I had was group messaging with others who have an iPhone. I did my research so I knew to turn off my iMessage before my number was transferred and unregistered the phone. I happy to report I have no problem with group messaging, all replies go to the entire group, not just the sender.

Any recommendation on apps would be appreciated. I downloaded Swiftkey and most of the standard social apps. Do I really need antivirus software?

Thanks!

Xtremeyouth1

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
After spending nearly two months researching and looking at new phones, I finally purchased the LG G2. I was undecided between the GS4, Moto X, and the G2 for the past three weeks. I was just about to buy the Moto X when I made a last minute decision to go with the G2. Even though I liked the Moto X, I just wanted a larger screen. I felt the size of the X was too similar to the iPhone, which I was leaving, and I wanted a screen I could actually see, now that I am nearing 50. Having the larger screen really makes a difference. I was a bit nervous that I would not like a big phone, but the G2 is very comfortable to hold and talk on.

Since the only smartphone I ever owned has been the iPhone, I started getting cold feet during the checkout. But, the sales person assured me I would have no problem learning Android. Said I would know within the 14 day return period if I like it or not and can go back to the iPhone. Even though I only bought the phone earlier today, I have to say I really like it. All the apps I had on the iPhone were available for Android and work flawlessly. The only concern I had was group messaging with others who have an iPhone. I did my research so I knew to turn off my iMessage before my number was transferred and unregistered the phone. I happy to report I have no problem with group messaging, all replies go to the entire group, not just the sender.

Any recommendation on apps would be appreciated. I downloaded Swiftkey and most of the standard social apps. Do I really need antivirus software?

Thanks!

No you don't. That is completely overblown. Congrats on the phone. I get mine in two weeks.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site

Thanks!

Go to Google Play Store, search for antivirus apps. Well, maybe if you keep your LG G2 safe from freaking sites you can pass antivirus apps. Google Play Store is the safe place to download apps.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

rjrobins

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
You don't need antivirus software and you now don't need to squint to see your screen. Congrats on making the switch and an excellent choice with the G2! Have fun customizing your phone - I'd recommend viewing this great forum as well as XDA: LG G2 - xda-developers to learn more ideas. There are great themes available for the G2 and you can always root as well. At least your phone won't look like an app drawer!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz