how much battery life do you get on your G2 ?

ilhe1s

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I get at least 16 hours of battery life from my G2 and that is with heavy daily usage. I constantly text and use What'sApp and other IM apps throughout the day. I do about an hour or two of phone calls. Listen to music for at least 3 hours a day and sometimes more. Then there's a bunch of random miscellaneous things.

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Depends on what you do...sometimes I can go 2-3 days other times 8hrs. I don't have a typical day also games can cause a huge disparity in battery life even if you do everything else the same. Some games drain the crap out of my battery life while others drain very little.

Battery life is not an issue on this phone if that's what you are asking.

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Depends on what you do...sometimes I can go 2-3 days other times 8hrs. I don't have a typical day also games can cause a huge disparity in battery life even if you do everything else the same. Some games drain the crap out of my battery life while others drain very little.

Battery life is not an issue on this phone if that's what you are asking.

If you browse permanently with screen at 100% brightness, how long would the battery last if that is all you did ? Just give me an estimate.

My current droid would only last a maximum of 3 hours if not much less doing this, it literally can jump 20% in 15 minutes of browsing.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
If you browse permanently with screen at 100% brightness, how long would the battery last if that is all you did ? Just give me an estimate.

My current droid would only last a maximum of 3 hours if not much less doing this, it literally can jump 20% in 15 minutes of browsing.

Never have a reason to go that high on this but w an average of about 45perc about 7hrs isn't much of a problem for this thing.. And that's with location services on all te time (in the past I always disabled it on my phones to squeeze some extra juice out of it.. Firs time I'm not worried about that)

Posted via Android Central App

NevetsDrassel

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

I have gone almost 14 hours just browsing the net at 100%. Battery life is exceptional with this phone once you get rid of all the wakelock stuff that does not allow the phone to sleep.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I would assume that it is safe to say LG G2's battery life should be among the best since it has one of the largest capacity batteries and a range of power saving options.
The biggest battery hog is the screen, if you are not constantly looking at it, keeping it lit at full brightness, I don't see why it should not last a whole day without any problems. If you do need to look at your phone (screen time) for long periods, keep the brightness as low as possible while comfortable and turn off animations like live wallpapers, auto uploading stuff like google picasa, drop

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I would assume that it is safe to say LG G2's battery life should be among the best since it has one of the largest capacity batteries and a range of power saving options.

Capacity isn't everything. I can get weeks of hardcore gameplay (space impact or snake) on a Nokia 3310 and it only has a 900 mAh battery. :D

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Capacity isn't everything. I can get weeks of hardcore gameplay (space impact or snake) on a Nokia 3310 and it only has a 900 mAh battery. :D
We are comparing it among other phones, considering similar usage, specs, screen/resolution, etc.. Snake had binary code, pixel ON or OFF with density of - what 10ppi? and the phone was backlit with a bulb! LOL :) I think I still have a flip phone somewhere with a charge from when I first bought it, still can turn on and off and can make emergency calls.

stalemate1

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
We are comparing it among other phones, considering similar usage, specs, screen/resolution, etc.. Snake had binary code, pixel ON or OFF with density of - what 10ppi? and the phone was backlit with a bulb! LOL :) I think I still have a flip phone somewhere with a charge from when I first bought it, still can turn on and off and can make emergency calls.

I miss the good old days when we never had to worry about battery life and didn't have an urge to spend a fortune on tech and gadgets constantly trying to have the latest and the best. Sigh...the good old days.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
During heavy use I get about 8 hours, by heavy use I mean having the screen on 50% of the time or more, using the phone as a hotspot or watching videos (on the phone) both downloaded and streaming (mostly Netflix and Comcast but also YouTube, IMDb etc), Facebook, Instagram, camera app and on and on. Right now I'm on day 15 of my cycle and I used 12GB of data just to give an idea on how much I use it and that does not include my many hours on WiFi. When I am not using it heavily, just checking emails, Facebook etc.. and not watching videos I don't even worry about the battery, get easily 14 plus hours on it.

deuts

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I would say just a little less than 24 hours. 20 perhaps. But I would like to see it go through 2 days before recharging, though.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Average- 35hrs, 4hr screen time, 45% brightness, and I still will have about 20% when I plug it in. I can easily go to bed at night without having plugged my phone in, and feel comfortable the next day with it. That has never happned with any other phone that i've owned.

johnjohnjohn28

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I bought my g2 a couple of weeks ago and mine doesn't last that long compare to what i read on reviews and forums, usually around 20 hrs minimal usages (1-2 hour facebook, 2 to 3 hour instagram and tweeter and other messaging apps) mobile data is always on but i always turn the phone off before going to sleep. Is there something wrong with the battery? any help would be much appreciated.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I have not had to plug mine in during the day, or at work at night, so I don't really know how long the battery lasts. I could kill my HTC One in about 5 hours using it like I do my G2. The battery is good.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
After unplugging the phone Tuesday morning at 6:30 am, I was still at 92% by the time I went to bed at 11:00 pm that night. Light usage, hourly email checks and some YouTube/web surfing.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I bought my g2 a couple of weeks ago and mine doesn't last that long compare to what i read on reviews and forums, usually around 20 hrs minimal usages (1-2 hour facebook, 2 to 3 hour instagram and tweeter and other messaging apps) mobile data is always on but i always turn the phone off before going to sleep. Is there something wrong with the battery? any help would be much appreciated.

:eek:

You spend almost 5 HOURS a day using those silly sites (on your phone)?? WOW!

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
My device lasts over 20 hours with medium to heavy use. I do not game with it though. It has no problem getting over 24 hours without a charge. The only time I charge my device is when I get ready for work @ 5am. I take it off around 6am and will place it on the car charger to get it to 100%. I use it until about 11pm then it's on standby until I wake up....I couldn't be more pleased with the battery performance...

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad