Software update on the G2

Evgenibir

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Hey guys, any1 knows when are we gonna get the Android update for this phone? I know nexus 5 will have 4.4 OS while we are still at 4.2

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Droid3r

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
LG needs to step up. Samsung and htc worked really to get their flagships to 4.3 in a timely manner. And since lg worked closely with 4.4 i expect to see all LG2s on 4.4 by february

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If LG is expecting to compete with the big dogs they need to get their updates out BEFORE HTC, Samsung and Motorola. There hasn't been a peep from LG while all the others have pushed 4.3 to their flagships (excluding Verizon which is a carrier issue) and Motorola I don't think, which is very surprising.

Regardless as long as the Development community can get me something I'll be happy.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
LG needs to step up. Samsung and htc worked really to get their flagships to 4.3 in a timely manner. And since lg worked closely with 4.4 i expect to see all LG2s on 4.4 by february

Samsung got their flagships moved up in a timely manner because they wanted to make them compatible with that stupid galaxy watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
This is how it works, manufacturer gets update they test n tweak it. Once they are happy it goes to carrier for testing. The normal time frame on a major OS update is 6-8months. This is one reason why Google is breaking out its core apps. Just look how many phones are now on jelly bean.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, any1 knows when are we gonna get the Android update for this phone? I know nexus 5 will have 4.4 OS while we are still at 4.2

4.4 _just_ came out. Not really fair to say the G2 is "still" at 4.2 at this point.
Besides, there's so many value adds to the G2 software, it's not like we are at the boring stock 4.2.

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

The team that worked with 4.4 was likely secluded. It'll take a little while before the team that works on the G2 is brought to speed on 4.4 internals.

Evgenibir

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Well I didn't specifically ment 4.4,but 4.3 would be nice, anyway 4.4 mostly changes Google settings so I don't really exited about it

Sent from my LG-D802

xr6

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
for what is worth

The Android 4.4 KitKat update will begin rolling out on the LG G2 during the next few weeks.

The news was revealed by French mobile operator SFR on its smartphone software update page. The site did not provide an actual date, but did mention that it would definitely be out in Nov. or Dec.

It will arrive OTA (over-the-air). That is the only information available on the software for the device at this time.

The LG G2 features some impressive specs including a 5.2-inch full HD display, a 13-megapixel rear camera, 2GB of RAM, a microSD slot, a 3,000mAh battery, on screen navigation keys, and Android 4.2.2 with LG's custom skin. The LG G2 is first worldwide-launching smartphone with a Snapdragon 800 processor.