What are some common complaints with G2?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
What are some things G2 needs fixed?
I am using LG Escape, and I can't believe LG is not more popular compared to Nexus, Galaxy and other famous lines. This thing is old but it works beautifully, I love the smart share feature works wonders with my XBMC, also streaming works very well, camera is OK but has a lot of cool features HDR is so much better than iOS.

I hope some people can chime in with their issues/problems they faced with G2, otherwise is it worth getting over HTC One or Moto X or GS4, Nexus 5, etc..?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, Rooting it should not be a big headache unless it is extremely complicated. I rooted galaxy devices before it was really just microSD in, microSD out.
is G2 fully rootable? I am not sure if lack of MicroSD slot makes it more complicated?
I am not talking about getting a newer ROM or anything, can we just root it keeping it stock and disabling Carrier IQ or other bloatware after rooting it (like using titanium backup, etc? I actually like LG's own stuff. I am really interested in G2 over Nexus, better camera front and back, better (make that MUCH better) battery, with near identical processor, all in a larger screen with a much better body. Thin profile bezel looks amazing.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I think I should ask, does lack of convenience key (on the sides) bother anyone? Is it comfortable to use the buttons on the back (this is really interesting,and I wonder if it is an invitation to possible malfunction over time) I really like the clean sides, but really, it must be really awkward, unless double tap works everytime, but how do you control if you really want to double tap on the screen without turning it off?

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I like most everything about this phone but the speaker max volume is far too low. One of the worst I have heard on a phone in the last several years.

Many people don't care about the external speaker, but I use it for speakerphone, podcasts, etc.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I like most everything about this phone but the speaker max volume is far too low. One of the worst I have heard on a phone in the last several years.

Many people don't care about the external speaker, but I use it for speakerphone, podcasts, etc.

Thanks, have you ever had the touchscreen problem everyone is complaining about? I saw a few videos where touchscreen jumps all over the place as they try to draw a straight line.
That got me concerned a lot. I was ready to jump on G2 but that held me back. That and the GPS inconsistencies some people reported. Otherwise, so far it looks like this phone is great.

I am also considering Optimus G Pro.

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, have you ever had the touchscreen problem everyone is complaining about? I saw a few videos where touchscreen jumps all over the place as they try to draw a straight line.
That got me concerned a lot. I was ready to jump on G2 but that held me back. That and the GPS inconsistencies some people reported. Otherwise, so far it looks like this phone is great.

I am also considering Optimus G Pro.

I've not had either issue.
I've been especially happy with GPS. Coming from a Skyrocket I was always frustrated with its GPS.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I've not had either issue.
I've been especially happy with GPS. Coming from a Skyrocket I was always frustrated with its GPS.

Thanks, sorry I kept you busy, looks like you are the only LG G2 user who care enough to answer, sounds like you really like your G2.
Are you using the Black 32GB AT&T version? Could you please share your about screen (you can hide sensitive info). You already mentioned you did not root, so that's not an issue since many people considered installing International ROM or just rooting and installing custom rom to try to and fix the problem.

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, sorry I kept you busy, looks like you are the only LG G2 user who care enough to answer, sounds like you really like your G2.
Are you using the Black 32GB AT&T version? Could you please share your about screen (you can hide sensitive info). You already mentioned you did not root, so that's not an issue since many people considered installing International ROM or just rooting and installing custom rom to try to and fix the problem.

Yup. Black 32GB At&t.

Not sure how to add images from AC app...

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure how to add images from AC app...

That's OK, I just wanted to compare some numbers to what they have in COSTCO, since I plan to buy there and have the flexibility of replacing the device if it has problems easily.

PS: If you are using anything like Picasa, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive Sync, I believe Quick Memo stuff is automatically synced, you can just post the link to the file.
I think we only need Build #, Software Version.

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
That's OK, I just wanted to compare some numbers to what they have in COSTCO, since I plan to buy there and have the flexibility of replacing the device if it has problems easily.

PS: If you are using anything like Picasa, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive Sync, I believe Quick Memo stuff is automatically synced, you can just post the link to the file.
I think we only need Build #, Software Version.

Let's see if this works:

https://db.tt/lKS9HRHK

Not sure if baseband needed to be blocked...

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Let's see if this works:

-

Not sure if baseband needed to be blocked...

Thanks, this is great. Look at that resolution and clarity, it is even larger than my monitor! :) Amazing.
Thanks again, I will check against what they have at Costco, since you seem to get a good batch.
PS: I have no idaa about baseband if it has any identifying information, but if you want you can take off the link now.

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got my wife this phone, and I think it's great. She hasn't complained about anything. I will agree with others who say the external speaker is weak. They could have put a little more effort in that department.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I got my wife this phone, and I think it's great. She hasn't complained about anything. I will agree with others who say the external speaker is weak. They could have put a little more effort in that department.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

I wonder if anyone (not normal users, but testers or one of those people who get the phones free for testing/review) can download speaker amplifier, etc, testing if it can actually help.
I remember there were tricks to boost volume on laptops and certain tablets.