Camera issues...

nd3eb

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving my g2, but having moved from an iPhone 5 I'm really not liking the camera and miss my iPhones camera...

I find it surprisingly bad considering this is one of the features they advertise the most. It is slow to focus and whenever I take pictures of people they come out terrible. Way over processed and blurry no matter what the situation...
I always have to use the burst shot feature which takes several photos and then go through them to find the one that came out the best...

On the contrary, taking videos with this thing is amazing. They come out phenomenal.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems with the camera and if there is a way to fix this... I love everything else about the phone but I take a lot of pictures with friends and family and I can't justify keeping it if they keep coming out so terrible.

darkestred

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Really? I find the exact opposite. Videos while looking good are prone to breathing issues. I have had no issues with the stock camera. I always press and hold the camera button when i shoot photo's. First thing i thought was very nice camera. Night shots are another story.

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have the G2 and My gf has the Iphone 5...and she tells me that she loves the camera on my G2.. it comes out better than her Iphone 5. However, it does take a few seconds more to focus but other than that I've been taking great pictures! The video is pretty amazing but i don't like it when it zooms the quality is extremely terrible compared to the Iphone 5's zoom.. maybe its my settings..idk

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Only issue i have is low light shots. Other than that its better than any other phone i had

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Only issue i have is low light shots. Other than that its better than any other phone i had

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Low light shots in AI mode are surprisingly good IMHO..yes it is pretty slow to take the picture this way but if you have a fairly steady hand the results are quite good. Overall though the focusing on this phone needs some enhancements..hopefully through software..the DNA I now gave to my wife is way faster even in low light and still produces pretty impressive shots of its own.

Posted via Android Central App

captibrahim

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
my camera also very bad.most of my pictures are blurry.iphone 4(not iphone 5, old iphone 4)is almost better than my lg g2
see what i want to say
CAM00097.jpg

korab84

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Phone cameras aren't as good as stand alone cameras...if the object moves then the photo becomes blurry; the G2 has the OIS but if the object moves a little it loses focus

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
HmmmKOKO.jpg
Indoors you can clearly see the carpet in her eye sun beaming on her face eye booger lol
Aphids.jpg
Aphids on my jacket in my car so lighting not the best still came out nice imo.

As for people I have plenty of good shots but don't want to randomly post family members/friends pics on any site without asking. The only time they come out over processed or blurry is in low light/bad lighting when they are moving.

Holding the shoot button and releasing can help focus.

Last edited:

lutin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I feel for you. Taking pics of my kids is the one thing I do most with my cameraphone. And it's the one thing that's holding me back from getting this phone (I currently have a note 2 and I'm not convinced the G2 would be better at taking pics of my kids)
That scene would be a challenge for all cameraphones though, but it looks like the G2 could have sacrificed a bit more light in order to get a higher shutter speed. Is there any other mode that would have helped this scene?

captibrahim

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I tried every possible mods but most of the time my pictures are not clear

Sent from my LG-D802 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1386326166801.jpg
    1386326166801.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 36

lutin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I tried every possible mods but most of the time my pictures are not clear

Woah, that's completely out of focus. Are you not able to see when you're taking the picture on the viewfinder that it's out of focus? In that case, can you not just tap the screen on the bit you want to focus on?

Last edited:

captibrahim

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for my bad english yes 5 out of 10 pics are like the one above.i will wait for android 4.4 update.than decide i will decide what to do

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
That's not normal. 90% of my shots turn out great. The only time they don't is when the lighting sucks. Either you are doing something wrong or your camera is defective, in which case I would warranty it.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Here is a random shot in crappy lighting. It's in focus.

8yzera7y.jpg

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Dendarion346

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
is it only me having proplem with camera?
I have to throw out around 25% of my images, because they've failed to focus or been over aggressive with the noise reduction. It happens seemingly at random (well, there's no pattern I can discern, anyway).

However, the remaining 75% come out very well.

Based on my own entirely unscientific testing against other people's iPhones, I'd say that the G2's photos were clearly better than those of the iPhone 5 and below, but it's more complicated when it comes to the 5s. The best pictures taken by the G2 are probably better than the best ones taken by the 5s, but the average 5s picture is arguably better than the average G2 one.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk