I received my replacement G2 today and while holding it side-by-side with my original G2, I noticed the whites on the new one aren't quite as vibrant. I then met up with a friend who also has a G2 and put all three phones side-by-side. Her phone has the same less vibrant whites as mine did. Neither new device nor my new one had the bright, vibrant whites of my original G2. Is something wrong with the two displays that aren't quite as vibrant, or perhaps my original G2 had something up with its display? It would be helpful if someone could shed some light onto the issue! You can see my old device and new device in the photo below. Unfortunately the photograph doesn't convey the difference as strongly as seeing the devices in person. Yes, both phones have identical display/brightness settings.

11-08-2013 05:42 PM
    I received my replacement G2 today and while holding it side-by-side with my original G2, I noticed the whites on the new one aren't quite as vibrant. I then met up with a friend who also has a G2 and put all three phones side-by-side. Her phone has the same less vibrant whites as mine did. Neither new device nor my new one had the bright, vibrant whites of my original G2. Is something wrong with the two displays that aren't quite as vibrant, or perhaps my original G2 had something up with its display? It would be helpful if someone could shed some light onto the issue! You can see my old device and new device in the photo below. Unfortunately the photograph doesn't convey the difference as strongly as seeing the devices in person. Yes, both phones have identical display/brightness settings.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...psbc3a4bfa.jpg
    I'm not familiar with how the G2's display works but since their Android skin is basically exactly like TouchWiz they might also have "Adapt Display" like on my S4. This changes the colors a lot depending on the mode. On the S4 you can change it by going into Settings > My Device > Display > Screen > Screen Mode
    Try to find a similar option on your G2

Posted via Android Central App
    11-08-2013 05:53 PM
    I'm not familiar with how the G2's display works but since their Android skin is basically exactly like TouchWiz they might also have "Adapt Display" like on my S4. This changes the colors a lot depending on the mode. On the S4 you can change it by going into Settings > My Device > Display > Screen > Screen Mode
    Try to find a similar option on your G2

Of all the features LG borrowed (took) from Samsung, this was apparently not one of them .
    11-08-2013 06:23 PM
    Of all the features LG borrowed (took) from Samsung, this was apparently not one of them .
    Probably one of the ones they SHOULD have taken

11-08-2013 06:34 PM
    Ips displays... Ips..
    Dont think they all are perfect.. Could could as screen defect if ur annoyed
    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    11-09-2013 05:26 AM
    Had that issue w a Rezound refurbished back in the day.. It actually made the colors more vibrant in a way so I just learned to tell myself it was fine (figured out of all issues that was the least of my worries), but if it bothers you I'd just replace it If you can. Not sure if it's a backlighting issue but like w any other devices w displays.. Not all are made equal.

11-09-2013 08:58 PM