LG G2 - Camera Freeze

nickhil

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Been loving my g2 with no problems EXCEPT twice I've had the camera freeze up on me.
When you open the camera app it just freezes the phone with nothing on the viewfinder. The only way to get around this is to keep the power button pressed for a few seconds and it restarts the phone.
Once it happened to me constantly for 2-3 times with subsequent restarts and then fixed itself on its own.
Today it happened once but restarting fixed it.
Now I have seen this happens (A Hunch), when you change the camera mode from normal to any other mode and then just exit after clicking your pic without returning to normal mode again.
It seems like a software issue to me as in a month with the g2 it has happened only twice.
Any one else face any camera freeze issues or a similar one??

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Camera Freeze

Been loving my g2 with no problems EXCEPT twice I've had the camera freeze up on me.
When you open the camera app it just freezes the phone with nothing on the viewfinder. The only way to get around this is to keep the power button pressed for a few seconds and it restarts the phone.
Once it happened to me constantly for 2-3 times with subsequent restarts and then fixed itself on its own.
Today it happened once but restarting fixed it.
Now I have seen this happens (A Hunch), when you change the camera mode from normal to any other mode and then just exit after clicking your pic without returning to normal mode again.
It seems like a software issue to me as in a month with the g2 it has happened only twice.
Any one else face any camera freeze issues or a similar one??

Maybe try clearing app cache.

Xallicus

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I have owned this phone for about a month now and I experienced this issue 3 times so far, all within the first week of owning the phone...
But what I have discovered is, this problem occurs for me whenever I swap the camera from the default "16:9" 10MP mode to the "4:3" 13MP mode.
Since making the change about 3 weeks ago (meaning keeping it at factory settings of "16:9" 10PM) I have not yet had the camera freeze on me, even while changing other camera settings like picture mode.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance