Battery Life (duplicate I'm sure)

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I always stop android system but last couple of days the phone has been draining way more than usual. 2 hours into work yesterday I was at 85% with absolutely no use, all idle. I would usually still be at 100%-98% 2-3 hours into the day with just peeks at the time. By the end of the day I was at nearly 35% plus I was charging in my car at lunch. I've been able to make it home with 65-75% with no charging and moderate use heavy at lunch. it's very inconsistent.

I also came from iphone, although I love this phone It is disappointing that I have to fight with it to make it work right. I shouldn't have to root or stop android or anything and this whole battery thing is so inconsistent even with IQ stopped. GPS has been a pain in the a$$ too. last night it was just popping on and searching for signal all night. Apple needs to grab their balls and make a larger screen.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
If GPS was just popping on last night are you sure you stopped IQ? Not only do you have to stop IQ within Android System but you then have to stop Android System itself. After you stop IQ Android System jumps to the top of the list so scroll up.

Do you have other apps that need your location? Maybe its something else.

I agree, AT&T should not have put the junk on this phone that makes it less than the stellar phone that it is.

Believe me, if AT&T were allowed to put bloat on the iPhone, it too would be having issues.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

bad43085

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
This is what you should be expecting from this phone:

View attachment 91543
View attachment 91544
View attachment 91545

I have Exchange and K9 both polling emails. I have gmail syncing. I have Google Now ON. I have Location Reporting OFF.
I mostly text and browse the web.

The second half of yesterday I saw life similar to this. Today it appears to be trending closer to the frustrating life I had at the beginning of this saga. Here is where I am right now.
Screenshot 5.jpgScreenshot 6.jpg

Android System is down from the mid 40s yesterday, but still seems high for what everything is saying

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
The second half of yesterday I saw life similar to this. Today it appears to be trending closer to the frustrating life I had at the beginning of this saga. Here is where I am right now.
View attachment 91815View attachment 91816

Android System is down from the mid 40s yesterday, but still seems high for what everything is saying

Do you have Better Battery Stats? That might help by showing us the Partial Wakelocks.

And it is kinda confusing, but the Android System that is showing the 34% above in your picture isn't a bad thing necessarily. And it doesn't mean that IQ is back. This Android System is the honest to goodness Android System.

What we need to find out is why, even though IQ is off, your battery is draining. This is where Better Battery Stats would help.
I don't have a link, but it's on XDA forums.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I turned off wifi and turned off GPS to see about battery life while I was away from my office yesterday. The battery was ridiculously good, as it was still at 50% at the end of the day!!!

bad43085

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I turned off wifi and turned off GPS to see about battery life while I was away from my office yesterday. The battery was ridiculously good, as it was still at 50% at the end of the day!!!

I went in to AT&T yesterday and he baically said I was crazy for thinking I could get more than 15 hours out of this. I did a factory reset last night. Right now, with just shy of 9 hours since unplugging, I'm at 52%. I've done nothing on my phone today but send maybe 20 text messages. I have 45 minutes of on screen time today. Just doesn't seem right.

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I went in to AT&T yesterday and he baically said I was crazy for thinking I could get more than 15 hours out of this. I did a factory reset last night. Right now, with just shy of 9 hours since unplugging, I'm at 52%. I've done nothing on my phone today but send maybe 20 text messages. I have 45 minutes of on screen time today. Just doesn't seem right.

Can you post screenshots from better battery stats?

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
You never mentioned whether you are on Wifi, or how the signal (coverage) is where you use the phone the most.

Today with Wifi and GPS off (and just moderate use) I have 68% battery left after 11 hours of use:

2013-11-15-20-40-30_zpsa1b6e002.png

2013-11-15-20-40-47_zps78a4ff9c.png

And most (not all) AT&T reps usually don't know a whole lot about every phone (especially LG).
And I get a lot less battery with Wifi and GPS on (but it still lasts the entire day).

bad43085

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
You never mentioned whether you are on Wifi, or how the signal (coverage) is where you use the phone the most.

Today with Wifi and GPS off (and just moderate use) I have 68% battery left after 11 hours of use:

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/...e Uploads/2013-11-15-20-40-30_zpsa1b6e002.png

http://s606.photobucket.com/albums/...e Uploads/2013-11-15-20-40-47_zps78a4ff9c.png

And most (not all) AT&T reps usually don't know a whole lot about every phone (especially LG).
And I get a lot less battery with Wifi and GPS on (but it still lasts the entire day).

I have WiFi on and connected when I am in my house, or work, or anywhere that has a stable connection. Signal is always strong, never less than 3 bars. I clear all apps before I put the phone to sleep every time, have auto-sync OFF on everything. I'm on my second G2. This is the first full day of use on the new device and the situation is this: Usage since full charge - 5 hours 53 minutes; Expected time to use - 6 hours 47 minutes; Time on screen 59 minutes; Battery level 63%

Everyone is claiming this incredible battery life. I just don't see it. I got a new device, and it's more of the same. If this doesn't correct itself in a couple days, I'm thinking I'm going to have to be done with it and go back to Apple.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have WiFi on and connected when I am in my house, or work, or anywhere that has a stable connection. Signal is always strong, never less than 3 bars. I clear all apps before I put the phone to sleep every time, have auto-sync OFF on everything. I'm on my second G2. This is the first full day of use on the new device and the situation is this: Usage since full charge - 5 hours 53 minutes; Expected time to use - 6 hours 47 minutes; Time on screen 59 minutes; Battery level 63%

Everyone is claiming this incredible battery life. I just don't see it. I got a new device, and it's more of the same. If this doesn't correct itself in a couple days, I'm thinking I'm going to have to be done with it and go back to Apple.

Is GPS on or off?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I got my G2 a few days ago from AT&T and read this post and checked the apps... no Carrier IQ at all.

I wonder if there has been a recent change and no longer there.
Battery life has been awesome compared to my Nexus 4.
Can go full day+ on a busy day.... 2 days with moderate/lite use.

Carrier IQ and Android System STOPPED

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Carrier IQ and Android System STOPPED

Humor me and just try using the phone for the rest of the day with WiFi off. I did that a couple of days ago and the battery life was unbelievable. I now have wifi on most of the time and I still get ridiculously good battery life.

bad43085

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I got my G2 a few days ago from AT&T and read this post and checked the apps... no Carrier IQ at all.

Then what the hell am I doing wrong? I've had now 2 G2s and no improvement. I turn off notifications, syncs, Android System, location reporting, brightness to 35%, close apps, set auto turn off at 15 seconds, don't stream videos, don't browse - basically, I've done everything I can to turn my smartphone into a dumbphone and can barely make it 12 hours. One device doing that, okay, I have a bad device, the second device does that, then what else is there to think but this phone just doesn't have the battery life as advertised?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

It should be here:
Settings>Apps>Running>Android System>Stop> Scroll down and Stop Carrier IQ.
(And it will come back on after a reboot.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer