Do you reccomend the G2 over the S4?

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm a former S4 guy who's cnsidering going back to it but I'm intreagued by the G2. Anyone a fomer S4 owner who is loving their G2 a lot more than their S4? I've never had and LG phone so I'm just not as comfortable as I am with Samsung. I hear a lot of negatives about the software in reviews but I'm hoping you guys can say otherwise. :)

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm a former S4 guy who's cnsidering going back to it but I'm intreagued by the G2. Anyone a fomer S4 owner who is loving their G2 a lot more than their S4? I've never had and LG phone so I'm just not as comfortable as I am with Samsung. I hear a lot of negatives about the software in reviews but I'm hoping you guys can say otherwise. :)

I don't know why so many people talk about the software as it's the most horrible ever. I think LG did a phenominal job with optimizing the software. It is the most unobtrusive software that I've ever experienced. The phone has absolutely never even stuttered a single solitary time for me. No lag, no skips, no stutters, the phone just flies. The same cannot be said for Samsung phones.

padwhite

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had the S4, but I have a couple of friends that have them. They are jealous and wish that they had gotten the G2 instead.

My experience has also been that I have never seen even the slightest stutter. Project Butter definitely working on this phone. I do not regret my choice at all. Heck it was even a lot cheaper than the S4! :)

recoveringlefty

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Putting on a poetic palette or incipio feather case gives the G2 a more premium feel. Most of the negativity has been put out there by overly obsessive reviewers. Take it with a grain of salt. I have friends with the S4 and it is a nice device but the fact that the G2 exists means the S4 doesn't merit consideration any longer. I think most people who like the S4 would LOVE the G2.

SteveyAsp

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
G2 over the S4 every day of the week, a screen you can see in daylight and a better battery are just 2 of the reasons

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
The biggest thing about the S4 for me is the issues I had with my S3 - the infamous Samsung cell/data radios/antennas giving poor reception. I have never had so many issues on Verizon with dropped calls or poor reception (especially at my home which is in a marginal service area). I even had problems with Bluetooth skipping if the phone was moving in my hand. With the G2, all of the issues went away as reception is excellent, data speeds are 25-50% better, bluetooth with the same headsets (Moto SF600 and a Plantronics Marque M155) and it has a beautiful screen, the S800 screams and it has the best battery life of any phone not named Note or Maxx (may even be better than the Maxx in some cases). I did put an Incipio Feather case on it because the back is so slick and that totally changed the inhand feel of the phone. The only downside is its a little large for my tastes (can one hand some things) - I could care less about LG skin as an alternative launcher gets rid of most of the issues or complaints and you learn how LG puts things it's not really a factor long term. Love the choice of on screen buttons as I chose the one with Menu, Home, Back and Notification pull down. The G2 is so fast that long pressing the home button is as fast as the multi tasking key on my Nexus 7 (2013). Love the phone.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Both phones are great. I prefer the screen on the G2 and I'm not a fan of the physical buttons on the Samsung Phones.

I also use Action Launcher rather than the stock launcher on my devices, so I don't really care whether it's Sense, TouchWiz, or whatever the LG UI is named.

Posted via Android Central App

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Radios are superior in the LG, screen is better unless you prefer saturated amlod displays, better CPU and like stated much smoother then touchwiz,the only thing the S4 has over the G2 is removable battery and SD card slot

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
My friend has the S4 and when he saw my new LG G2 he was jealous and wished he waited a couple more months and gotten it! The software is optimized and the lag is very minimal or none at all. and I agree S4 only has a removable battery and SD card slot but with the G2's Battery it can last you the day with enough left over to play with till you sleep.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
agree...

With Dieter at CES reporting on the Palm presentation--what a traitor! --we might as well throw that into the Round Robin discussion.

I think the S4 looks better. That earpiece on the LG is hideous. The buttons on the back are kind of a miss. LG UI, bleh.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
S4 was my first Android phone. I loved it at first, but came to hate (1) the screen was invisible in bright light, (2) the mechanical home button, (3) the side buttons were always getting accidentally pressed. G2 is heaven.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Jrid32

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The wife has a S4 and I set everything up for her. Plus I was able to use it for several months. Then I bought a G2 for myself. G2>S4

jeno27

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't have s4...but I was a user of note2.....now with g2...user interface of lg is really better than Samsung. ..no lags...no freezing. .problems with games...with note 2, I had many problems often it freez. It use to restart often....I dint like touchwiz ...once I love to use Samsung mobile.I had both note1 and 2...with 3 years of experience. ..I know about touchwiz. ..it all ways freezes...

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't have s4...but I was a user of note2.....now with g2...user interface of lg is really better than Samsung. ..no lags...no freezing. .problems with games...with note 2, I had many problems often it freez. It use to restart often....I dint like touchwiz ...once I love to use Samsung mobile.I had both note1 and 2...with 3 years of experience. ..I know about touchwiz. ..it all ways freezes...

I had the Fascinate and the Charge, and my wife has the S3, and we use the S4 in my office. I wouldn't call each of those experiences the same. Samsung continues to make improvements, so I wouldn't weight old device experience as heavily as form factor, screen preferences, and reviews of the current TouchWiz experience.