Stock messaging app

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
How many people use the stock messaging app? I prefer textra at the moment but ever text app I've tried has had its bugs where the stock just works. The features I miss on stock are individual text tones and the screen turning on when a message comes in.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Using Textra too and having no problems.

I like the simple look and feel of stock messaging app from my Nexus 4 but Textra is pretty clean. Silly that the LG messaging app on AT&T doesn't support group messaging.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How many people use the stock messaging app? The features I miss on stock are individual text tones and the screen turning on when a message comes in.

You can certainly set individual text tones on the stock messaging app. Open "Contacts" and go to individual contacts and add notification tone.
And you can also set your own backgrounds in the text app for individual contacts (nice feature).

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Hangouts and I gotta say taking to the folks I talk to on hangouts and text in one app rocks.

Sent from my LG G2

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
You can certainly set individual text tones on the stock messaging app. Open "Contacts" and go to individual contacts and add notification tone.
And you can also set your own backgrounds in the text app for individual contacts (nice feature).

The Verizon variant doesn't support individual notification

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes we can set individual notification led colors but not individual notification tones.

Wow. That sucks.
Here's what all contacts look like on AT&T:

2013-11-17-13-59-51_zpsbe97a27a.png

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
How many people use the stock messaging app? I prefer textra at the moment but ever text app I've tried has had its bugs where the stock just works. The features I miss on stock are individual text tones and the screen turning on when a message comes in.

Textra is a solid SMS application, never a problem with Textra. GO SMS PRO have an update for $19.99, no ads, free forever themes, a kind of cloud to archive messages and other fancy stuff. Lots of costume but I noticed that sometimes when sending a message to X contact it freaks out and the message is delivered to Y contact. This is BAD THING. The issue can be controlled by disable the Pop Up Window and use the message sending confirmation, so you can check out the message is going to the right contact and right telephone number. For some reason I never had a problem with GO SMS PRO with the simple free version, this problem began with the $19.99 update version. You can check out in Google Play Store the 8SMS ( Stock Messaging ) kind of a more nice android stock stuff. In my opinion Chomp, Handcent and Easy SMS applications are far behind Textra. It's a not so cool situation that GO SMS PRO with all the fancy themes and costume possibilities has come to be a not trusted app. The really fact is that is the most fancy text message app, just take a look at the screen shot, but when you're at work and time is a fast requirement Textra is the SECURE OPTION, no messing up contact X with contact Y.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1384720622625.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1384720622625.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 47

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The only things on textra I wish they had was message failed notifications. And the only bug I have is if I am in a message and click the plus sign to add a picture and choose camera the app doesn't compress it properly so it fails saying "content too large" if I then add the picture from the gallery it compresses properly.

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm also using Hangouts but on a reboot the stock messaging app notifies me of the same messages. does anyone know how to remove the stock messaging app? I'm rooted. (sorry for hijacking the thread).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12