Texting issues with Verizon LG G2

usm2014

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone for about a month, and so far I love it. Other then issues with squeaking and other noises during calls, this is the best phone EVER. So now I'm having issues when I receive and send text messages. When I'm looking at a sent or received message, some of the words or letters are cut off. For example, my friend sent me a message saying "What are ya'll going to do?" but when I looked at the message later it said "What...ya'll going to do". Is anyone else having that issue? The only way I realized what was going on was to copy and paste the message in the input box and everything was there. Can it be fixed or is this just a problem with the phone?? It does seem that when I scroll up and back down, it's corrected but not always. :confused:

LGElectronics

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello usm2014,

Sorry you are having issues with your G2. This is going to be a software issue. You can take your phone to a store locally to have the software flashed or simply do a factory reset yourself. With the factory rest, you want to be sure to back up your phone as you will lose everything on the device.

Hope this helps,
^CL

Ruby Hernandez

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I am actually having the exact same problem but it's when I send messages and it gets me thinking that maybe the other person can't read the message so I end up resending it. It happened with my first g2 and now it's happening with my replacement. It's a complete pain in the **** honestly.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried using Hangouts instead of the stock messenger for texting? It seems to be better about not getting so flaky when you have a bunch of sms messages like Android seems to do.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance