Screen Randomly Turns on, then off

blkcheech

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I am new to Android. I have had iPhones for the past 5 or 6 years, and finally got sick of it. I just picked up the LG G2 yesterday, and so far I love it. I have been sitting her working at my desk and noticing, that every once in a while, like every few minutes, the screen comes on, then turns off. I am connected to WiFi, and I do have a Otterbox Defender case on it. I don't think this is normal behavior, but being new to Android, I am not really sure. Can anyone tell me how to stop this, and/or if it is normal? Thanks!

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site
No, it's not normal, only help I can give at the moment. Mine has the same bug, hopefully someone else with helpful info will chime in. Other than that and the YouTube chrome cast display bug my phone is awesome.

blkcheech

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have confirmed a couple things:

1. This does not happen when not connected to WiFi.

2. So far I have only seen this happen while the phone is connected to WiFi. Seems odd.

Posted via Android Central App

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have confirmed a couple things:

1. This does not happen when not connected to WiFi.

2. So far I have only seen this happen while the phone is connected to WiFi. Seems odd.

Interesting. Does it happen on every Wi-Fi network? I haven't noticed it and my phone sits right next to my monitor on a Qi charger all day, on Wi-Fi. I wonder if it's struggling to keep its connection to the network and the screen coming on is when it reconnects.

blkcheech

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. Does it happen on every Wi-Fi network? I haven't noticed it and my phone sits right next to my monitor on a Qi charger all day, on Wi-Fi. I wonder if it's struggling to keep its connection to the network and the screen coming on is when it reconnects.

Funny you should mention it, I just thought of that as well. I am not sure, this is only the second day that I have had the phone, so I have really only been on my own wifi, but I noticed it happening first when I was in my office, and the router is like 9 feet away, so I don't think, that is the issue, but I guess it is possible. The router I am connecting to is an Apple Airport Extreme, and I am currently connected to the 5GHz network. I am going to try connecting to the 2.4ghz and see if that resolves it. Tomorrow at work, I will connect to the wifi there and see if it happens there or not as well.

blkcheech

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I was able to connect to WiFi at work,and this behavior did not happen. It did still happen at home when I connected to the 2.4ghz network though. Might be time for a new router.

Toben7l

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
my Moto X has started to do this after installing KittKat (android OS 4.4). i'm using the stock update from Sprint that just updated last night...wonder what's going on. will install WakeLock and see what's what