NAV doesn't reroute in any kind of real time?

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Now that the LG g2 is discounted on ATT, I would like to buy one, but I use Nav a lot (a courier), and I hear it doesn't reroute in any kind of real time! I know that the tts voice is in the play store, so that corrects part of my concerns.

So, anyone having the ATT (only) version without any kind of mods (out of the box) can you provide any input?

Thanks

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Although I am not sure what you meant by "real time" ~ My Stock AT&T LG G2 NAV works fine (I did have to download and install TTS) but re-routes for me quickly without much delay,

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Now that the LG g2 is discounted on ATT, I would like to buy one, but I use Nav a lot (a courier), and I hear it doesn't reroute in any kind of real time! I know that the tts voice is in the play store, so that corrects part of my concerns.

So, anyone having the ATT (only) version without any kind of mods (out of the box) can you provide any input?

Thanks

If it didn't reroute in 'real time', would this not be an issue with Google Maps and everyone would have the problem?
If it didn't reroute due to GPS not being accurate, you'd be hearing a LOT of complaining about that.

Do you have a link to the rerouting complaints?

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
If it didn't reroute in 'real time', would this not be an issue with Google Maps and everyone would have the problem?
If it didn't reroute due to GPS not being accurate, you'd be hearing a LOT of complaining about that.

Do you have a link to the rerouting complaints?
It was a blog post, and one of the more famous ones. He said that if you go off route the new route will take to long for it to be useful. Please keep in mind that I own a courier company that serves the Balt/DC area. Miss a turn and you are way out of luck on some of these complicated intersections.

It is not a problem with Google maps, it looks like ATT messed something up because TMO and Verizon versions work fine. They even came with the street voice that Google had to put in the play store because of ATT.

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Although I am not sure what you meant by "real time" ~ My Stock AT&T LG G2 NAV works fine (I did have to download and install TTS) but re-routes for me quickly without much delay,

Thats encouraging, they may have fixed it before you got yours! I have a new theory, Google seems to be shorting supply when they put new devices out, so I'm thinking they just make a small amount of them just to make sure that any issues aren't hardware related.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Very-Annoyed