disappointed at battery life...

jearyshin

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using a T-mobile LG G2 and I've been very displeased with the battery life of this phone.......
I've done all I could do to increase but I'm about to give up.

I turned off carrier IQ,
-disabled unused apps, (including DLNA which for some reason constantly runs if i dont turn it off)
-sync turned off,
-apps are in manual sync,
-location services off
-battery saver mode 90% of the time
-brightness usually under 35%
- I use fastreboot before i turn off screen.
- factory resetted phone

as of now, I am very disappointed in the battery life of this phone.. which was one of the main reason I got it. I came from a HTC one S which had 1650mah battery..
I am a average user, but I am forced to use it light-average and still i cant make it through the day.

View attachment 93695 View attachment 93696View attachment 93697 View attachment 93698 View attachment 93699 View attachment 93700 View attachment 93701 View attachment 93702 View attachment 93703 View attachment 93704

anyone see this odd too?
View attachment 93705

EDIT:
also, I have my 3 google accounts logged. on manual sync only for emails.

lexfrancis

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe there's a problem. Like Jeno said, it could be a specific app draining your battery.

All I did to save battery was turn off GPS and Bluetooth, and I can easily make it through the day with moderate to heavy use. It once lasted from 9am on one day to around 4pm the next day.

Posted via Android Central App

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Best battery life of any phone I have owned. I would suspect a rogue app or some other setting. It is also possible you have a bad phone. In general, this phone has great battery life, best outside of the Droid Maxx line or Note 2.

Evgenibir

Nov 2, 2013
www.facebook.com
Well it's definitely a problem with the phone or a rogue app, mine is getting me through the day and ends at about 20 hours of medium/heavy use, if u play videos constantly I usually left with 20% after 7 hours usage and 5.5 hours screen time

Sent from my LG-D802

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had excellent battery life after making some adjustments.

I found Google Services eating up my battery and mobile data too at first.

I turned off all syncing from System Settings for all accounts including Facebook and Google.
I turned off Auto-Update and Notifications in the Play Store app.
I disable GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, Sync, Miracast, and Wireless Storage from the Notification pulldown tray when I am not using those features.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow, something definitely seems awry. I do nothing to manage my battery usage and I typically make it from 0600 to 2200 with about 10% left. That will generally include time playing WwF, Candy Crush, Tiny Death Star and plenty of reading email, Twitter, and G+.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I agree with posters above, I love my G2, with moderate usage I do not have to plug it for nearly 24 hrs, can you imagine that? Amazing.
I turned off most google services, even google tried to slip gmail pass by I disabled that right away. There are so many carrier stuff in the back running no matter what we do.

May I ask how did you disable CarrierIQ? Did you have to root? I have AT&T version and I would like to disable as well.

See this: 8hrs + 15hrs :) Wifi ON, Bluetooth on.
78ad40e8717cfcec24cd593d46f365e7.png

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Step 1:
Settings->general->apps->running
Look for Android System. Click it and you should see IQ service and then you can stop it.

Step 2:
Back in Settings->general->apps->running, you also need to wait a second and Android System will jump to the top of the list and then you can stop it as well. There will be a little popup with a warning that you can ignore.

It's been my experience that if you don't do both of these steps, your battery will still suck.

Note: Whenever you restart your phone, you will then have to redo the above.

Edit: Unrelated to Carrier IQ
I have noticed recently that if I am on WiFi, I need to turn off Wi-Fi and Mobile Location in Location Access.
Otherwise, I get a high battery drain.
Generally, I dislike having to turn off any location access as I love Google Now. And this only recently started. I read somewhere it may have to do with Google servers, so it may clear up soon.

YMMV.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
you shouldnt have to do any of the things listed above... this phone is equipped with a 3000 mah battery! i get a full day with moderate to heavy use, and thats with wifi enabled, and all googler services enabled... if your phone's battery life is that porr, there is an issue with the device, or a rogue app as stated... i would just do a factory data reset and redownload apps you want and call it a day...

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, something isn't showing up on that battery usage chart. Mine is awesome, and that screen on time you posted even look long.

Last edited:

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
you shouldnt have to do any of the things listed above... this phone is equipped with a 3000 mah battery! i get a full day with moderate to heavy use, and thats with wifi enabled, and all googler services enabled... if your phone's battery life is that porr, there is an issue with the device, or a rogue app as stated... i would just do a factory data reset and redownload apps you want and call it a day...

There's a known issue with Carrier IQ on the AT&T model. What you suggest doesn't help. What I suggested does.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams