I did it !!!!!! Goodbye Nexus 5 .. HELLO G2 !!!!

Intenti0n

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
So far .... WoW !, amazing device !!

Loving the super sharp screen !!! and the building quality !!!

I got the window case with it (official LG one), now normally I dont like cases that cover the screen but this one is seriously growing on me !!. I ordered the Spigen slim armour one but not sure if I will change this one.

Quick question, is there anyway I can use Handcent as the default SMS app? I installed it but SMS's still seem to go to both places ! I would like to only use Handcent for the SMS/MMS.

Also, I initially installed Nova as I heard the UI was really bad .... but honestly, after moving a few things around ... I think its not bad at all !!!

thanks all for the guidance and support

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
So far .... WoW !, amazing device !!

Loving the super sharp screen !!! and the building quality !!!

I got the window case with it (official LG one), now normally I dont like cases that cover the screen but this one is seriously growing on me !!. I ordered the Spigen slim armour one but not sure if I will change this one.

Quick question, is there anyway I can use Handcent as the default SMS app? I installed it but SMS's still seem to go to both places ! I would like to only use Handcent for the SMS/MMS.

Also, I initially installed Nova as I heard the UI was really bad .... but honestly, after moving a few things around ... I think its not bad at all !!!

thanks all for the guidance and support

Welcome to LG G2. As far I know you can go to settings on the defaut SMS. Unmark notifications then upload Handcent. If you are running stock I think the default is going to stay there. If you go root then you can remove the default. I?m not root , maybe some one that is can show more light on this matter. Check out at Google Play Store a kind of upgrade to the default, 8SMS. I got the premium paid version of Go SMS. For me the best SMS custom app that runs in stock LG G2 is Textra, check out at Play Store. Have a nice day.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

jmillertime86

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you use a screen protector if you are sticking with the quick case,
My case started scratching the screen after about 2 week's!

Posted via Android Central App

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site

It's really not, but after a few tweaks with Nova, you can make it look just like a smoother LG UI. You'll be back :)

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
You have to change default SMS app in phone settings. I remember seeing it in a phonedog video with the G2. You do not do it from the messaging app.

Posted From My Sprint Nexus S 4G

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Android 4.4 lets you choose your default SMS app, but since you're on 4.2, I believe you need to root your phone to do that.

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Quick question, is there anyway I can use Handcent as the default SMS app? I installed it but SMS's still seem to go to both places !

t
From what i've heard the reason for that is because Hancent and Chomp and all the others are merely frontends for the main messaging app, so sms will always go to both apps. Just switch off the notifications in the default sms, and when you get an SMS next set Handcent as the default.

Intenti0n

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all, for now I have disabled the notifications of the built in messaging app and using Handcent - perfect !!

jmillertime86 - Yes, i bought this screen protector:
LG G2 / D802 FULL BODY SCREEN PROTECTOR invisible military grade shield | eBay
went on OK'ish... its the first time i have dipped a screen protector in water before putting it on. The screen doesnt feel as smooth as before but hopefully it would protect it against scratches.

What screen protectors have you guys got?

HalizDad - I spent a few hours on Nova and I DID really like it. However, I couldnt get the double-tap for sleep working and erm ... I cant remember what the other issue was !. If you have a guide how to make a SUPER SMOOTH ui with Nova on G2... i would definitely give it a bash again

:)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
None.
I could be wrong but, realistically, you don't need one. The glass is super strong(including resistance to scratches etc) and so it's highly unlikely that a typical screen protector will have any benefit.

Gorilla glass is more than willing to scratch under every day conditions and may even do so if you look at it too hard. I scratched my Note 2 somehow while believing Gorilla Glass 2 (just like the G2 has) was protecting me from such.

I use and highly recommend screen protectors if keeping your screen in new condition is any priority for you. I realize some feel that its just a phone and it gets wear and tear, like deodorant, but I must admit I don't subscribe to that outlook. Gorilla glass help reduce scratches but certainly doesn't make your screen scratch-proof despite Corning's marketing.

gp8.3

Euan Tan

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Wooo good job on the switch... I also have the slim armor case and expect it to give a huge bulk...my g2 feels like a tank with it..around 1.5x thicker than without the case... I also have the oblique screen protector... Fits well..covers most of the screen around 1/4 on an inch on the bottom is not covered its like 1/16 of an inch away from the bezels so the case doesn't peel it off...great protector for a 600 dollar phone..

Posted via Android Central App

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Gorilla glass is more than willing to scratch under every day conditions and may even do so if you look at it too hard. I scratched my Note 2 somehow while believing Gorilla Glass 2 (just like the G2 has) was protecting me from such.

I use and highly recommend screen protectors if keeping your screen in new condition is any priority for you.

What screen protector do you recommend?
(I have previously used Ghost Armour and it was pretty good on my S3, but the edges would peel off after 6 months. I then tried the Seidio Vitreo Tempered Glass protector, but I took it off after three days due to touch screen issues that it caused.)