Any Launchers show unread email and messages on the dock?

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So far the new Google Launcher and the Nova Launcher even with TeslaUnread doesn't show the unread #'s on the icons. Anyone find a good launcher that does?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So far the new Google Launcher and the Nova Launcher even with TeslaUnread doesn't show the unread #'s on the icons. Anyone find a good launcher that does?

with widgets you are limited to very few system apps showing notification.

use dashclock widget... there are hundreds of options

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Nova Launcher & Launcher 8 support GLOBAL Badge Notifications (Notification indicators on the App icons/Tiles themselves counting the # of pending Notifications from any App that produces a StatusBar Notification).

Here's how--> http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=199709

I believe Espier Launcher does as well though not using the same method as I linked to.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Nova doesn't work on the LG with mail and built in messaging app. Tesla unread only works on Samsung, HTC and google mail app, noy built in one. Don't care for launcher 8 much.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Nova doesn't work on the LG with mail and built in messaging app....

Did you try the method I described?
It uses an App called "MissedIt" which tracks pretty much all Apps that produce StatusBar Notifications.

xgman

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Did you try the method I described?
It uses an App called "MissedIt" which tracks pretty much all Apps that produce StatusBar Notifications.

Yes. MissedIt sort of worked but couldn't see just the inbox. It would only say like 105 messages when there was only one and it was pretty ugly too. I think I'll just use stock until and if tesla ever expands it's compatibility. It's too bad launchers override the default notifications behavior in general.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante