New To Androids...Help with G2 Email please!!!!!

Teresa Roe

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Okay..so I recently switched over from Blackberry and Im still trying to get a handle on my new G2 Android.
I love it lots so far...but Im having an issue with my email messages.
My G2 will only hold emails as long as 'last week' ago. My blackberry would keep ALL my emails unless physically deleted it from my phone, or on the computer. I Hold on to emails until I no longer need them, but my phone will not keep them longer than one week.
Is there any way to change the settings to keep ALL my emails?
Also, how the heck do I change the notification tone for my email so that I don't have to have that chirpy bird any longer?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Teresa

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi, if there's a gmail icon on your phone (there would be) tap on that, and use gmail for now unless you find something else you'd rather use. You can customize how long to keep messages in settings, I'm pretty sure.

For your notifications go into phone settings/sounds and change or eliminate the sounds you don't like.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay..so I recently switched over from Blackberry and Im still trying to get a handle on my new G2 Android.
I love it lots so far...but Im having an issue with my email messages.
My G2 will only hold emails as long as 'last week' ago. My blackberry would keep ALL my emails unless physically deleted it from my phone, or on the computer. I Hold on to emails until I no longer need them, but my phone will not keep them longer than one week.
Is there any way to change the settings to keep ALL my emails?
Also, how the heck do I change the notification tone for my email so that I don't have to have that chirpy bird any longer?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Teresa

In the email app, look under settings and choose the account. In there should be an option for how many days to sync.
Once you have that set up, scroll down further to Notifications. You can change the sound there.

HTH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol