Few problems with my phone.

omerc10696

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone, just got my LG G2 on Monday. Love it so far, I've had a few problems though I was wondering if it's something others have experienced or if it's just my own phone. I searched the forums and haven't seen any threads with the problems i have. First issue i've been having is I have the facebook messenger app and whenever i get a message i don't receive any notification and no pop up head like I used to on my Galaxy S3.

Second issue I'm having is, I have 2 friends with iPhones that I constantly group text and going from having to use GoSms to being able to use the stock built in messenger made me really happy, anyway I've noticed that every 30 or so messages instead of sending a group text it'll end up sending my text to only one of my friends in an individual text. It won't appear in the group message window, I'll back out and go into the individual text thread and it'll be in there.

and the final issue i'm having is battery life i've noticed that while simply having the phone on (texting, internet browser, other light activity) the battery drains pretty quick, on standby though it lasts forever. I have the brightness setting to 60% and auto, i turn off bluetooth when i'm not using it, and i have other background stuff that might drain the battery off. The battery seems to drain much faster than my S3 did.

Thanks for any feedback!

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had no issues receiving notifications for Facebook messenger. It must be a setting either with Facebook, or in the notification settings in your phone. I have noting for you on the group text...it's just not a feature I use very often. Finally, the battery problem...hmm, How much time are you getting out of the battery. I have my screen cranked up to 100% all the time. I also use the crap out of my phone, and have yet to not make it through the day. I would say it's possible you have a defective battery, but more likely there is something else causing the problem. Keep an eye on your signal strength. If it is consistently struggling to find a signal, perhaps the problem is your internal antenna, not the battery itself. It's hard to say for sure where your problem is, especially without you providing any details about how much battery time you are actually getting. Have you looked at the breakdown in your phone that explain what is using up your battery life. It should be in settings under battery.

dstackmasta27

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, just got my LG G2 on Monday. Love it so far, I've had a few problems though I was wondering if it's something others have experienced or if it's just my own phone. I searched the forums and haven't seen any threads with the problems i have. First issue i've been having is I have the facebook messenger app and whenever i get a message i don't receive any notification and no pop up head like I used to on my Galaxy S3.

Second issue I'm having is, I have 2 friends with iPhones that I constantly group text and going from having to use GoSms to being able to use the stock built in messenger made me really happy, anyway I've noticed that every 30 or so messages instead of sending a group text it'll end up sending my text to only one of my friends in an individual text. It won't appear in the group message window, I'll back out and go into the individual text thread and it'll be in there.

and the final issue i'm having is battery life i've noticed that while simply having the phone on (texting, internet browser, other light activity) the battery drains pretty quick, on standby though it lasts forever. I have the brightness setting to 60% and auto, i turn off bluetooth when i'm not using it, and i have other background stuff that might drain the battery off. The battery seems to drain much faster than my S3 did.

Thanks for any feedback!

My messenger app does the same thing :(