Does LG G2 Front Touch Buttons have multi-tasking button?

Sereg Wethrin

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
By default, multi-tasking on LG G2 works by holding the home button.
Actually, I love Nexus' buttons because I'm a sucker for multi-tasking and I hate pressing & holding/waiting.

attachment.php

I was planning on buying Nexus 5, after hating the multi-tasking on my current Samsung S3, but it seems LG G2 is a better choice in terms of battery, screen and also camera.
So my question is, can I put that multi-tasking button on LG G2? Holding & waiting is a deal breaker for me.

Attachments

• lg-nexus-4-buttons.jpg
    lg-nexus-4-buttons.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 253

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
By default, multi-tasking on LG G2 works by holding the home button.
Actually, I love Nexus' buttons because I'm a sucker for multi-tasking and I hate pressing & holding/waiting.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=97534&stc=1&d=1387489166

I was planning on buying Nexus 5, after hating the multi-tasking on my current Samsung S3, but it seems LG G2 is a better choice in terms of battery, screen and also camera.
So my question is, can I put that multi-tasking button on LG G2? Holding & waiting is a deal breaker for me.

Yes. You press and hold home button. No, you cannot add the the fake multi tasking button on G2. You can however slide up to three apps on the side and access them with three finger swipe, but I guess for someone who cannot wait a split second to switch apps wont be swiping with three fingers either.
Oh my god, waiting 0.5 second to switch apps is a huge deal breaker!
Buy a nexus 5. Since your question is answered, maybe someone should lock this thread.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes. You press and hold home button. No, you cannot add the the fake multi tasking button on G2. You can however slide up to three apps on the side and access them with three finger swipe, but I guess for someone who cannot wait a split second to switch apps wont be swiping with three fingers either.
Oh my god, waiting 0.5 second to switch apps is a huge deal breaker!
Buy a nexus 5. Since your question is answered, maybe someone should lock this thread.

Wow, why such venom? He asked a simple, valid question. I know from experience it isn't the 0.5 seconds, it's just not having it at the touch of button (instead of the hold of a button).

tondagossa

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
If you're willing to root, you have a few options available to you. As Just_Some_Nobody stated, Xposed is one way to go.

Another option is Auto Hide Soft Keys. In addition to giving you the ability to hide away and bring up the navigation bar, it also lets you customize the look and functionality of it. For example, my navigation bar has 4 buttons - back, home, recent apps, and menu.

VonSohn

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I've already bought the app, but rooting the phone now that the release of KitKat is imminent sounds like a waste of time. I'd have to unroot, update and root again, would I not?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, my dear nobody :p It's been reported that KitKat for the Korean version of the phone will be out before year's end, and for the European one by the end of January. I guess I'll wait to root the phone.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

But no word anywhere else...

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.