G2 freezing, locking up!

xsinfulangel

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

I've had my G2 for maybe 2 months now. Everything was good until about 3 weeks ago when I noticed that my keyboard would lag only in my texts. I didn't think anything much of it because it would be sporadic. Then the text itself would be slow to send, taking 15-20 seconds or longer to pop up on the screen. And of course, I have the eternal texts starting at the beginning of the thread issue (I've learned to ignore it). Now my phone keeps freezing when I try to text and/or delete threads (I thought too many messages could be the issue, although I never had that problem with my One X+), and I need to soft reset. I know something is wonky because the back of the phone is getting unusually hot, and my battery is dropping like crazy when the messaging app is trying to process.

I am currently backing up to do a factory reset, but does anyone else see this issue? I've been searching the internet and I feel I am forever alone.

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
After the reset go to the G2 SMS Stock, settings, unmark the notifications ? check out the screen shot?. Go to Google Play Store, search for TEXTRA SMS app is free. Textra is the most secure, most solid and easy to configure SMS app. uploadfromtaptalk1388953005458.jpg

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

xsinfulangel

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
thank you both! I never had a problem with the amount of messages in my ONE X+, but it seemed that I had too many messages in my message app. I deleted some of the threads and set a limit, and all seems well. now i have the eternal battery drain problem..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge