how to change default sms app for lg g2

mikecunhaaa

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Could somebody please help me out here, I would like to change my default sms app for my lg g2 to Google hangouts. but I don't know how, could somebody help me out here I would appreciate it so much :)

Posted via Android Central App

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Could somebody please help me out here, I would like to change my default sms app for my lg g2 to Google hangouts. but I don't know how, could somebody help me out here I would appreciate it so much :)

Disable notifications within the stock LG messaging app. Then set notifications for hangouts.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

mikecunhaaa

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
thank you but when I try to text with hangouts it wants me to invite my contact to hangout, how can I set it so I just use it for SMS and MMS if you get what I'm saying

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure that's possible. Random Gmail contacts were inviting me to hang out, which is why I disabled hangouts and use a 3rd party app.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

f4ipilot

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I was able to get my text to work just fine using Google Hangouts, but was unable to send or receive pictures. Due to this I had to go back to the stock SMS app. I really like the Hangouts much better though. I still am not sure how to get the pictures to work through Hangouts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech