LG G2: Screen not turning off when plugged in to AC.

mpagano37

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
My wife is having serious battery problems with her new G2. Her phone doesn't check any emails right now. I wouldn't consider her a heavy user. Average at best. Mine battery life if great. I'm trying to turn off features she doens't use.
I did notice that her screen doens't fully turn off when charging. Only dims. Mine shuts off after the 30 seconds. I checked her setting and the mimic mine. Is there any other power settings or charging settings that I'm missing?
We are thinking about swapping her phone. The battery life is worse then her 4s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen not turning off when plugged in to AC.

My wife is having serious battery problems with her new G2. Her phone doesn't check any emails right now. I wouldn't consider her a heavy user. Average at best. Mine battery life if great. I'm trying to turn off features she doens't use.
I did notice that her screen doens't fully turn off when charging. Only dims. Mine shuts off after the 30 seconds. I checked her setting and the mimic mine. Is there any other power settings or charging settings that I'm missing?
We are thinking about swapping her phone. The battery life is worse then her 4s.

I would consider doing that as well. The screen should turn off, no matter what, at some point in time.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree, swap it. As much as we pay for our phone you should get one that's fully functional without flaw. The truth though is that they are mass produced and at times can be buggy and just not work right.

Exchange it and get a proper one

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked Daydream mode or ever played with the Daydream settings on her phone, or have DashClock installed? (Settings -> Display -> Daydream. Is it on?) Daydream is a kind of "screen saver" that can run in dimmed mode (Night Mode) when plugged in. Or, does it just display a dimmer version of her homescreen/desktop?

Thought we could quickly explore this possibility before doing a return/exchange. This wouldn't explain excessive battery drain though, but could explain slower charging times; but thought I'd ask anyway.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Good point. I hesitated to mention that since the Developer options are initially hidden and Stay Awake is off by default. But it's easy to get curious and poke around in there and accidentally toggle something.

AstroStrat89

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I returned a replacement phone for that reason, I didn't check that setting. But I figure it was their own fault, I'm guessing refurbished phone are tested by a someone who's got several phones going at once and don't want the screen to go to sleep. But then didn't set it back. I'd wake up to my phone (Rezound at the time) would be ready to melt because the screen was on all night.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz