3 Newbie Questions (new to the G2) Help?

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm new to the G2 and have several questions that I could not find answers to elsewhere. Maybe someone will know:

1) Is it "normal or standard" that Wi-Fi will always "turn itself on" whenever I have my G2 turned on and plug it into the wall charger? Seems odd to me, but maybe that's standard for some reason? I've noticed that if my G2 is off, and I plug it into the wall charger, then after charging take it out of the wall charger and turn on the G2,...... Wi-Fi is not turned on in that case, only when the G2 is on, and then I plug it into the wall charger, it will then always turn on the Wi-Fi.

2) I notice that when I turn my G2 on from being fully off or from sleep and the screen is locked, until I unlock (I use pattern unlock), I get an intermittent flashing Icon in the top left corner of the notification bar, that looks like a "rectangle with an eyeball in it".....what the heck is that about? As soon as I unlock the G2, then the intermittent flashing Icon will not appear anymore.

3) Which leads to another good question: Where can I find a chart that simply lists "all" the potential Icons that will display in the status/notification bar areas? A google search will produce limited Icons charts, but obviously not a full list. I can't find the above noted "rectangle with eyeball" Icon anywhere. Nor others I've seen. There must be some kind of master chart that lists all the potential Icons somewhere?

Thanks for any and all help with these questions.

greatly appreciative,:)

TahoeRunner
01/12/2014 at 2:32am PST

chrisnutt

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Can help with the eye symbol the phone tracks your eyes and if it detects your looking at screen it keeps screen on.works with video too

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello chrisnutt,

Thanks for your answer to one of my questions about the "rectangle with the eyeball in it". That makes sense.

much appreciated,

TahoeRunner

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
3) Which leads to another good question: Where can I find a chart that simply lists "all" the potential Icons that will display in the status/notification bar areas? A google search will produce limited Icons charts, but obviously not a full list. I can't find the above noted "rectangle with eyeball" Icon anywhere. Nor others I've seen. There must be some kind of master chart that lists all the potential Icons somewhere?

Thanks for any and all help with these questions.

greatly appreciative,:)

TahoeRunner
01/12/2014 at 2:32am PST

No, there is no full list. Google doesn't define those icons, it's a notification area open to all developers, kind of like the icon tray on a Windows machine. The icons come from the software developers, including LG, Google, Yahoo, Tapatalk, WhatsApp, Skype, etc, etc, etc. And is constantly changing.

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
1) You'll find the ability to change wifi settings if you go to settings then wifi. Then click on menu button and select "advanced wifi"