Two newbie questions, Help?

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm new to the G2 and have a couple questions that I could not find answers to elsewhere. Maybe someone will know:

1) Is it "normal or standard" that Wi-Fi will always "turn itself on" whenever I have my G2 turned on and plug it into the wall charger? Seems odd to me, but maybe that's standard for some reason? I've noticed that if my G2 is off, and I plug it into the wall charger, then after charging take it out of the wall charger and turn on the G2,...... Wi-Fi is not turned on in that case, only when the G2 is on, and then I plug it into the wall charger, it will then always turn on the Wi-Fi. (I already have the Wi-Fi options setting set to "off" under "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep")

2) Where can I find a chart that simply lists "all" the potential Icons that will display in the status/notification bar areas? A google search will produce only limited Icons charts. There must be some kind of master chart that lists all the potential Icons somewhere?

Thanks for any and all help with these two questions.

greatly appreciative,

TahoeRunner
01/12/2014 at 12:09pm PST

Last edited:

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
The Wi-Fi thing is probably just a quirk of the power-savings mode which, typically, turns off radios when the screen is off, but turns them back on to allow syncing when hooked up on charge and Wi-Fi is available.

Where can I find a chart that simply lists "all" the potential Icons that will display in the status/notification bar areas?

Page 17 of the G2 owner's manual PDF

depechemodegurl

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm new to the G2 and have a couple questions that I could not find answers to elsewhere. Maybe someone will know:

1) Is it "normal or standard" that Wi-Fi will always "turn itself on" whenever I have my G2 turned on and plug it into the wall charger? Seems odd to me, but maybe that's standard for some reason? I've noticed that if my G2 is off, and I plug it into the wall charger, then after charging take it out of the wall charger and turn on the G2,...... Wi-Fi is not turned on in that case, only when the G2 is on, and then I plug it into the wall charger, it will then always turn on the Wi-Fi.

2) Where can I find a chart that simply lists "all" the potential Icons that will display in the status/notification bar areas? A google search will produce only limited Icons charts. There must be some kind of master chart that lists all the potential Icons somewhere?

Thanks for any and all help with these two questions.

greatly appreciative,

TahoeRunner
01/12/2014 at 12:09pm PST

To the first question, it's not the WiFi turning itself on, its the Sprint optimizer. What you need to do is go into settings-under wireless networks hit more-mobile networks-Sprint optimizer-check the box to turn it on, accept the terms, then uncheck the box. That fixed my issue of the WiFi just going on and off Willy nilly.

Rockin my LG G2

Tahoe-Runner

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Depeschemodegurl,

Much appreciated, the connection optimizer is the culprit, when turned off, no funny Wi-Fi willy nilly.

best regards,

TahoeRunner
01/13/2014, 5:29am, PST

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12