Notification LED frequency

hallmr09

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got my G2 yesterday. I like it a lot so far, but one thing I was wondering is whether the frequency of the notification LED can be changed. It seems like the LED flashes really slowly, especially compared to the other phones I have previously used. I couldn't find a way to change it in the settings, so is there some way to make it flash faster?

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
In a word, no.

That said, there are apps out there, such as Light Flow, with which you can change the flash frequency. I would mention Light Manager but it requires root for 4.2 in order to support most non-native apps.

Possibly also, you can root and there may be roms/mods out there that may allow you to do this. I just use Light Flow.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
GO SMS allows you to change the color and speed of the LED on incoming text messages.
Works on the Sprint version.

Mav. :cool:

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The only downfall to that is you have to use GoSMS. ;-)

I know, right? :p
Actually I have had no problems with GO's SMS app. Not sure what people don't like about it.
Oh well. That is why there are a Million and 6 other SMS apps out there.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I know, right? :p
Actually I have had no problems with GO's SMS app. Not sure what people don't like about it.
Oh well. That is why there are a Million and 6 other SMS apps out there.

I got tired of their trying to be everything to everyone and constant updates with things I would never use.

I switched to Chomp, but with my g2 I've just been using the default messaging app.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

RobotHeaven

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got my G2 yesterday. I like it a lot so far, but one thing I was wondering is whether the frequency of the notification LED can be changed. It seems like the LED flashes really slowly, especially compared to the other phones I have previously used. I couldn't find a way to change it in the settings, so is there some way to make it flash faster?
I also recommend LightFlow. You can change the brightness, the light colour, and the rate and duration of flashing. You can even allow it to be your central notification hub, effectively, because it can also control the audio and vibration of each app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC