LG G2: Wah-Wah-Wah!

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Sprint (probably doesn't matter...) LG G2 and I'm trying to record a video of a track I'm doing while playing my guitar. The sound quality is beyond deplorable. Instead of getting a smooth sound, the sound is broken up and going high and low, causing a "wah wah wah" effect. The sound also sounds EXTREMELY "tinny."

I thought this may have just been the placement of the phone to the amplifier, but when my wife and I recorded on her Samsung Galaxy S4, we didn't have this problem, everything came out just fine.

I know there are a few settings for "left speaker, center speaker, and right speaker," and even though I tried them all, nothing solved the issue. I've even tried changing all the settings back to the defaults (I'd never messed with them, but better safe than sorry).

Can anyone help me, or is this just a matter of the LG G2 having a microphone that is just beyond horrible? If I need to, I can record and post a sample of what I'm experiencing.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wah-Wah-Wah!

Anybody out there? :(

Would a video help? :confused:

Excuse the crappy playing, but I wasn't going for style points. :)

Last edited:

Ninjaxxx

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I have a Sprint (probably doesn't matter...) LG G2 and I'm trying to record a video of a track I'm doing while playing my guitar. The sound quality is beyond deplorable. Instead of getting a smooth sound, the sound is broken up and going high and low, causing a "wah wah wah" effect. The sound also sounds EXTREMELY "tinny."

I thought this may have just been the placement of the phone to the amplifier, but when my wife and I recorded on her Samsung Galaxy S4, we didn't have this problem, everything came out just fine.

I know there are a few settings for "left speaker, center speaker, and right speaker," and even though I tried them all, nothing solved the issue. I've even tried changing all the settings back to the defaults (I'd never messed with them, but better safe than sorry).

Can anyone help me, or is this just a matter of the LG G2 having a microphone that is just beyond horrible? If I need to, I can record and post a sample of what I'm experiencing.

Thanks!

I have the same problem :(

Posted via Android Central App

Dan Oldham

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

I have the same problem :(

Posted via Android Central App

Well, I certainly can't say I'm "glad" I'm not the only person out there with this problem, but I am relieved to know it's not only me...

I've been messing around with phone positioning, the speaker "balance," and everything else I can find, but can't seem to find a remedy. Given the poor quality of the videos, I'd wish I'd known this prior to purchasing the phone, I would have chosen something else. :-\

Thanks for posting, Ninjaxxx!