LG G2 - Setting "Default" numbers for SMS

Vidyaprakash

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to Android. I am able to set the default no for the contacts to call them. But I am unable to do the same for sending SMS.

How do I set the default no. against each contact for SMS ? (otherwise all the contact nos are shown in the send field inside messaging)

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am new to Android. I am able to set the default no for the contacts to call them. But I am unable to do the same for sending SMS.

How do I set the default no. against each contact for SMS ? (otherwise all the contact nos are shown in the send field inside messaging)

Open the desired contact , click Edit and it should give you option to set default for Call/SMS. You have to have 2+ numbers for the contact ...

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
You are right that when composing a new text message, that you are presented with all the associated numbers. However, that only happens when composing a new text message. If you instead open an existing conversation and send a new message, it will send it to the same number you used last time.

Or do you always delete previous text messages to keep your Messaging inbox clean...?

That said, I do realize also that when sharing from another application (e.g. browser) as a text message, that the Messaging app does not consider that you may already have a conversation open with your intended recipient but I believe that's an Android limitation rather than an G2 Messaging limitation.

To partially get around this, I only have one number set as Mobile per contact (and I set it FIRST in their contact record), if they have more than one mobile number, I set a custom name for the field (using CUSTOM) and set it as something like "Mobile-Work" to avoid confusion with any other numbers. Not perfect but works for me.

Vidyaprakash

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
@aspot72 :

Thanks for the reply. However I am able to set the default only for the calls & not for the SMS.
Simply - there is no option for that !!!