LG G2: Looking for a case

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm looking for a suggestion on a case. Is there anything out there for the G2 that's "grippy"? Kind of like a soft touch, grippy feel ... like what's on the back of the Nexus 5. I've looked all over Amazon and I really don't see anything that's like a grippy, bumper type of case. Speck makes a case for the G2 but it's not grippy at all - it's the shiny slippery style.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Looking for a case

The Tech21 cases are pretty durned nice but the texture may not be as soft as you prefer.

Sent from one of my phones

tw3nty2

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Incipio feather. Makes it feel similar to the nexus 5 and is very slim. Been a great case so far

Posted via Android Central App

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm looking for a suggestion on a case. Is there anything out there for the G2 that's "grippy"? Kind of like a soft touch, grippy feel ... like what's on the back of the Nexus 5. I've looked all over Amazon and I really don't see anything that's like a grippy, bumper type of case. Speck makes a case for the G2 but it's not grippy at all - it's the shiny slippery style.

Thanks

If you are using Amazon you should see the Diztronic cases in matte black and a white clear (frost) color. I have both and they are outstanding...I have the white G2 and paired with the black case makes the phone pop!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's grippy or slim enough for you, but I'm getting myself an Otterbox Commuter series case for mine. I've had them for my last few phones and was pretty happy with them. The rubber lining is exposed on the corners for better grip, but it has a hard shell than snaps over the rest of the body. For the protection they offer, I don't think they add too much bulk to the phone.

Scott Kamp

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if an ls980 case will fit the verizon vs980? The back buttons are bigger on the ls. Seems like it would fit the verizon version, just the case edge around buttons would be wide. I want a snap on hard case but it's not avail for verizon version

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if an ls980 case will fit the verizon vs980? The back buttons are bigger on the ls. Seems like it would fit the verizon version, just the case edge around buttons would be wide. I want a snap on hard case but it's not avail for verizon version

That case won't fit properly since the Verizon G2 is a bit thicker. Only cases designed specifically for the Verizon variant will work.

Sent from my rooted LG-G2 using Tapatalk

CuriousCorndog

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
On my LG G2 I have a Trident case. It is a dual layer case, with a plastic outside shell and a rubber inside shell. Granted, it makes the case noticeably larger than it already is, it keeps it seriously safe.
The rubber, though, comes through the sides and are really grippy. It also has bumper corners and rubber lips around the screen, so it won't slide face down.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol