G2 Battery Issues

djbaha

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello my fellow G2 users! Since i got my hands on this phone,i'm reading user reviews relentlessly. I've seen that almost everyone using this phone is very satisfied with the battery and they can see up to 8 hours of screen time,and they charge their phones every 2 days. Here's some screenshots for you :( It drains vast amounts of battery even i'm only using whatsapp.
Bluetooth,GPS,NFC,all this was stuff off EXCEPT Mobile Data and Sync. Mobile Data was On all day.
Screen timeout set to 2min.
The "Screenshot_2014-01-30-10-49-34.png" screenshot is different,because i've charged my phone up to 100 and left it on table to see what caused wakelock-it drains nearly 30% in one night! (when mobile data is on,if mobile data is off there's no problem with battery drain at night)
Google Drive

I've 22 screenshots,so sorry for not putting them one by one :)

Last edited:

greyhd

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Seems most of your battery is consumed from the screen being on. You also have sot of 4 hrs. Are you playing games on it?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

OzRob

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
If mobile data is sucking power throughout the night it might indicate that you're in a poor 3G/4G signal area causing the mobile radio to ramp up power to stay connected.

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Looks like the screen is taking up most of the power. Signal strength on 4G looks good so its doubtful that a poor signal is causing the problem.

Looks like an app called Noom Walk is using a lot of cycles.

Set screeen brightness to auto and about 48%. I leave mine there and use about 4 hrs of screen time a day and finish the day with about 75% battery left. I can regularly go 2+ days on a charge. I'm in a fair/good 4G area.

David

Brandon Shea

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
8 hours screen time? I get 6 or so, debloated and google now turned off. I think 8 is a stretch.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
It's definitely possible to get 6-8 hrs. Screen on time.

qaramepy.jpg

me6epe5u.jpg

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

djbaha

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
@Brandon Shea @TNCattleDog
My brightness is always about 30-35% but no auto
Noom walk is a pedometer app and doesn't cause any wakelock problems while data is off,nor it uses lots of battery (as seen on GSam Battery Monitor results)
BTW I live in Turkey so we don't have 4G here yet,mobile data is HSPA
I really envy you guys seeing 2 days,6-7 hrs of screen time with one charge :((
@truthteller10
I don't think it has horrible battery.. Its battery is decent compared to other phones anyway?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Truthteller is just a troll. Been trolling various device forums for a while. I wouldn't even bother responding to comments.

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Well I'll have to concur with the ones charged with lying. Bought my daughter the G2 at the beginning at January and the battery life is amazing. 6-8hrs on screen is typical. It don't even drop off 100% after an hours use

In fact the phenomenal battery life has me considering leaving HTC. My past 5 phones have been Htc

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Let's keep on-topic. Responding to someone trolling the thread just gives them the attention they crave so much. If you see a post that is inappropriate, just report the post instead of responding.

Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Ahh battery issues. They never end. There's so many variables that it actually hurts my brain to look through battery stat screen shots these days.

It does seem like a wakelock problem to me. According to BBS you have 2 hours of Awake when the screen is off. At first glance, that's far too much over a 13 hour period. I would first suggest you uninstall Facebook and see if things improve. Or at least Greenify it. I don't know if things have changed, but the FB app is a notorious battery offender. I barely use FB nowadays, but when I do, I use the mobile website and run it in a browser.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Try using CPU Spy. This will show the different speeds your processor is using. When you set your phone down with screen off it should go to "Deep Sleep" and use very little battery.

If you see the "Deep Sleep" as a very low percentage, something good is keeping your phone awake (and thus using battery faster).

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Try using CPU Spy. This will show the different speeds your processor is using. When you set your phone down with screen off it should go to "Deep Sleep" and use very little battery.

If you see the "Deep Sleep" as a very low percentage, something good is keeping your phone awake (and thus using battery faster).

Strange, that's supposed to say deep sleep...

djbaha

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
@JayWill Wakelock problem is another problem to me. When mobile data is on,phone consumes 30-35% battery at night (when i'm sleeping)
My main problem is,other users can see up to 5-6hrs of screen time while I simply can't. And yes,facebook is a battery drainer,i tried logging off and using the phone like that for a day,didn't change anything much.
Plus,a question: If facebook drained much battery,shouldn't I be able to see it in Battery Monitor?
Btw,phone not rooted.
Thanks for help!!!
@Mikey47 BBS is showing cpu speeds already?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
What is causing the most battery drain? A screen shot from a battery monitoring app would be useful.

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar