How do you disable ringtone for a contact?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I can't seem to select "Silence" as a ringtone for a specific contact, is this normal operation on Android or is it just the way G2 is customized that if you edit a contact with custom ringtone you must choose another one?
Unless I make my own silence.mp3 and set it as ringtone?

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I take it that None is also not an option (usually have to scroll up almost to the top to see it). I don't know, as the notifications per contact option is not available on my model of G2.

A Silence.mp3 is an option if there is no None, yes.

CatFur

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
My question will give y'all a good laugh, but .... how exactly do you apply that silent ringtone, please?

I click the link, but then what? My LG G2 is my 1st smartphone and (whispers) I am a senior citizen. How do I save the file and then where; or how do I get it onto my LG G2.

I presumed I was still fairly tech-savvy but apparently not so. Thanks for your help.

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a G2, but if all android are similar then there should be a folder called Ringtones. That is where to put it. I use an app called Zedge, just search for silent ringtone, choose the one you want, download it, then hit the button called Set. Then choose contact. Works for me and easier than putting ringtones manually in its proper folder

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

CatFur

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
THANK YOU for the Zedge reference !! I don't have a "set" option on my LG G2 after I downloaded a ringtone. Just shows up in my "downloads" folder.

Any idea of how I can get it assigned (per se) as a ring tone, please? THANKS.

Last edited:

brainvision

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
First move the silence.mp3 file from Download folder to the Ringtones one using a file explorer (LG G2 has its own) then go to the contact and edit it.. You'll find the option there.. ;)

CatFur

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Eeek: can anyone kindly give me tips on how to FIND that file explorer on the LG G2 so I can move the downloaded ringtone, please?

Apologies but I'm not exactly tech savvy. Thanks in advance.

brainvision

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
But I already told you that: open the file explorer and search for the file you downloaded.. It's in the Download dir; long tap on it and select to move the file in the Ringtones dir.
Then edit the contact you want..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol