More lies about battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I've been apart of this community for years now and I have come to the conclusion that people for some self fulfilling reason simply LIE about their phones battery life. I remember folk had gotten so dishonest about battery life that they were even claiming that the PALM PRE got 24hrs of battery life!!!!! Pertaining to the LG G2 I see the same thing..Some folks claiming 50hrs of battery with 8hrs of on screen time and I can tell you the battery on this thing is horrible!!! I can barely get 3.5hrs of on screen time. Then after the phone reaches 20% charge it drains down like nothing ive never seen. Why do people lie about their phones?? It amazes me every time.

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Then you're doing it wrong. I can get 30+ hours with over 4 on screen time.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think "truthteller" is lying. :)

I can go 24 hours+ on a single charge. I'm not a power user by any stretch of the imagination, but this phone battery lif is leaps and bounds better than any of my other phones..iphones 1-4S as well as the G3 and G4 I had.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
It's easy to charge your phone from a low charging power source

There was no charging involved.
At any rate, looking at some of your other posts, I'd have to say you are either trolling the g2 forum or are extremely dissatisfied with your purchase of a g2.
If it's the latter, get rid of it and get something else. Perhaps a DROID Maxx would better suit you.
If it's the former, well then that's just pathetic.

In the event that you decide you'd like to keep the g2, and would like to know why you're not getting the normal battery life others are seeing, then post a thread asking for help, get up some battery stats, and you'll find most folks here willing to help you figure out what's going wrong with your particular device.

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
If you have something constructive to add to the solution then please post it. If your here to make one line comments that add nothing then please just move along.

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ Android.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

scottcraft

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
My G2 doesn't get anywhere close to the battery life I've seen on this forum but that's probably because my home and work is in a poor reception area. This is still the best phone I've owned for battery life though.

sofryj

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Once I charge to 100 percent Ill share my stats but it's abysmal so far

I'm willing to guess there is something you are doing or have done that is creating a battery draw on your phone. Or possibly something defective with your device. I seriously doubt there is a forum full of conspirators lying in unison about their battery life. I leave my screen at 100% and am a heavy user.....and I seldom have any issues making it through the day, something I can't say about any phone I've had since my first blackberry curve.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Once I charge to 100 percent Ill share my stats but it's abysmal so far

I'd suggest downloading something like GSam Battery, that way you can post more info, such as radio strength and wake locks. The more info you give, the better the help.

Posted via Android Central App

dcleveng

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
@scottcraft made a good point. If you are in an area with poor reception, battery life will be bad as with any phone. Can you supply some information about your phone, apps you have installed, reception in your area? Just calling people liars and saying "this phone has terrible battery life" doesn't really open the door for a lot of help.

I can tell you from my own experience this phone has the best battery life of any phone I've owned, by far. Most people on here will probably tell you that, it doesn't make them liars. What your experiencing doesn't sound normal for this phone, so why not post some constructive information and see if someone can help you get to the bottom of it.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
below is a crazy pic of a slow weekend of just checking email now and then and maybe a few texts.
but wish I still had my screen shot with recent battery life and screen time to show co-workers.... 40 hours to 8% battery and 5 hours screen time.
normal usage for me is 24 hours and still over 60% before i plug in when i wake up and let it charge fully before going to work.
coworker with lg g2 and less than impressive battery life is now getting same type of performance and he is a much heavier user after fooling with it and disabling some services.
Sorry to hear your phone sucks... but it's not a lie and calling people liars is sad.

Screenshot_2013-12-24-20-39-35_zpsfef18fe0.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke