swiftkey or lgg2 default

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi Folks
Looking for some opinions on what swiftkey can add to my phone. From what I have seen looking at it at the play store, there really is not a lot it can do that the lg default cannot, or can it? Before I buy it I wanted to hear from you guys. Is swiftkey worth it? What do you think?
Thanks

somnambulator

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I prefer Swype, but I do agree that the stock keyboard is pretty good. probably the best stock keyboard I didn't use. swiftkey is ok. it started out as a predictive typer and that's what's it's really good at. that's not my style, and it's swiping input didn't compare to swypes the last I used it. there's also the free Google keyboard if u want to avoid spending money.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The LG keyboard is pretty good, but I still use SwiftKey.

SwiftKey has better predictive texting (15k completed words in 3 months), flow, and several themes. If you type without flowing/swyping, then the G2 keyboard is probably fine.

Sent from my Xposed LG-G2 using Tapatalk

Andrei25

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I switched to SwiftKey immediately. I don't like the LG keyboard, but that is a matter of taste.
You don't need to buy the pro version of SwiftKey in my opinion. The free one gives me all I nedd.

Trimis de pe G2

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I like my tablet and phone to have the same keyboard so I picked SwiftKey. That being said I think their version of Swype is less accurate than the LG one or Swype itself which bothers me rather often.

Sent from my LG G2

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The beta of SwiftKey has number row option which i also liked on the LG keyboard and glad to see on the beta. But the predictive typing on the LG keyboard is weak compared to the swiftkey and i prefer the swiftkey myself. Just waiting on an update to fix the bug with kitkat.

Thanks all. Wondering if Swiftkey has a dedicated numbers row you can set like our default LG?

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering how many of you who use swiftkey create an account with them and what advantage is that?

I have an account. I would recommend making one. It stores all your saved words and usage history in the cloud and syncs it between devices. So if you get a new phone or also have a tablet you will be getting the exact same experience. The thing about SwiftKey is it is great, but it gets even better the longer you use it and it learns your common used words and language patterns.

ಠ益ಠ

techie5

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, I downloaded the beta, and took it off because of that funky message [see other post] that it gives with Kitkat. I will consider it when they fix that problem